Anyone getting married in St Thomas in 2011?

clare6921

Hi

I'm getting married on Lime Tree Beach in November 2011 through Island Bliss weddings and was just womndered if anyone else is getting married on this island and how much planning youve done yet.

I havent done too much Im quite laid back about it all at the minute as it still seems so far away but I guess it wil fly around. Ive only got a small wedding party of 8 of us and my 2 year old son so it will be nice and intimate and we are having a steel pan band and rum punch which will be nice

I have brought the favours that someone recommended on here, the anchor key rings they look cute

Just looking for any tips/ideas from anyone ???

XXX

I have brought the favours that someone recommended on here, the anchor key rings they look cute

I believe those were the favors I posted.

If you can, I'd love to see what they 'really' look like.

Can you post a picture?

I believe a few people have used Island Bliss. Be sure to use the search engine in this thread to see if there is additional information here.

Happy Wedding Planning!

hey there, we're using Janelle also (but not until 2012) she's such a sweetie!

I'm probably way behind you in the planning but the next thing on our to-do list is to start looking for a restaurant for a lunch reception!

Hi! I'm getting married in St. Thomas on 2/22/2011.. so just about a month away! All my planning is pretty much done, now I'm just finishing up odds and ends. We are using Perfect weddings of St Thomas - leslie has been awesome!! very responsive and accomodating with requests. We are having 34 people join us on our cruise. We used Liberty Travels to book the group and we're getting some pretty cool perks free berths and gap points. I finished my welcome letter, and guest book postercards are ready to go, I'm just finishing up the OOT bags and then off we go! Let me know if you have any questions!

- Lily

Hi

Thanks for thr replies.

FAO Sharine and Dion, Ive only just ordered the favours and so wont receive them for a while yet as I live in the Uk so will ake several weeks but will post a photo when I get them

What is a welcome letter and OOT bags? Ive never heard of them , are they the same as favours?

clare xx

Hi

Thanks for thr replies.

FAO Sharine and Dion, Ive only just ordered the favours and so wont receive them for a while yet as I live in the Uk so will ake several weeks but will post a photo when I get them

That would be great!

Our wedding is not until July so there are a few other expenses we need to take care of first before we order the other odds & ends.

What is a welcome letter and OOT bags? Ive never heard of them , are they the same as favours?

clare xx

Some couples we have destination weddings like to provide each guest with a letter that not only thanks them for coming but may include wedding information, where to find things (ex: beaches, night clubs, shopping etc...), and/or special event information (ex: meet-n-greet, group dinner etc..). If we do a welcome letter it will be to our sailing guest only and we may give them out after the wedding but before our group dinner that night or include them in the OOT (out-of-town) bags.

Now the OOT bags are not favors, but can be viewed as favors if you wish. It's usually separate from favors though because all guest will get a favor, while only traveling guest will get the OOT bag.

In the OOT couples usually include a variety of things. Some items are just little things one should travel with and others may relate to the wedding. Here's a cool link with possible items:

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/thread/28059/oot-bag-contents-master-list-of-possible-items

Again there is no set way to do these things, and you don't have to provide these things at all if you don't want. They are pretty much 'extra' touches.

HI!

We are getting married on 1/23/11! We are using Janelle as well and will be having the ceremony at Lindquist Beach. Since it will just be me and my fiance:rolleyes:, I can't help with any planning or party favors and the like. The only planning will be when we come back and hold a dinner party reception.

I have to say though, I am getting nervous since we are leaving next weekend, and I am terrifed that it will snow!

Allie

HI!

We are getting married on 1/23/11! We are using Janelle as well and will be having the ceremony at Lindquist Beach. Since it will just be me and my fiance:rolleyes:, I can't help with any planning or party favors and the like. The only planning will be when we come back and hold a dinner party reception.

I have to say though, I am getting nervous since we are leaving next weekend, and I am terrifed that it will snow!

Allie

Hopefully we are done with the snow stuff already...Good luck to you & CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

I am also getting married in St. Thomas on May 2. We are leaving aboard the Carnival Victory on May 1 from Puerto Rico. We are using Daydream Weddings, the wedding dept. for the Best Western Emerald Beach.

It feels like I haven't done much planning, as they are taking care of most of the details for me like: flowers, music, cake, food, etc. I haven't ordered any favors yet because I'm still not sure of how many sailing guests I will have (family of procrastinators).

I made message in a bottle invitations

I'm going to go with chinese hand fans for the favors

Ordered my dress from China

We are going with the sit-down lunch w/open bar (includes rum punch & mixed drinks) and Steel pan drum music for the island reception.

Still debating on if I want to have an extra reception on the ship right before dinner. I can use my "group" perks, but again, depends on how many actually sail.

That's it for me so far...

Our daughter is getting married on St. Thomas on April 12 on the lawn at Oceana, with her reception dinner at Oceana's patio overlooking the water. She is also working with Janelle at Island Bliss Weddings and is nearly done with everything. She is not having a wedding party, but about 25 guests sailing with her, and she is not having wedding favors, but will host a cocktail party on the ship for her group instead during one of the sea days. She is ordering snacks for everyone's cabin as well.

I am also getting married in St. Thomas on May 2. We are leaving aboard the Carnival Victory on May 1 from Puerto Rico. We are using Daydream Weddings, the wedding dept. for the Best Western Emerald Beach.

It feels like I haven't done much planning, as they are taking care of most of the details for me like: flowers, music, cake, food, etc. I haven't ordered any favors yet because I'm still not sure of how many sailing guests I will have (family of procrastinators).

I made message in a bottle invitations

I'm going to go with chinese hand fans for the favors

Ordered my dress from China

We are going with the sit-down lunch w/open bar (includes rum punch & mixed drinks) and Steel pan drum music for the island reception.

Still debating on if I want to have an extra reception on the ship right before dinner. I can use my "group" perks, but again, depends on how many actually sail.

That's it for me so far...

We too are marrying on Limetree Beach on May 2nd but we are cruising on Carnival Miracle out of NYC. We decided to do everything with the Carnival Wedding coordinators rather than the island people just for convenience. We have 25 ppl booked so far with about 12 others who plan on joining as well. Depending on that final head count, that's how we will decide exactly which onboard reception package we will end up choosing.

We too are marrying on Limetree Beach on May 2nd but we are cruising on Carnival Miracle out of NYC. We decided to do everything with the Carnival Wedding coordinators rather than the island people just for convenience. We have 25 ppl booked so far with about 12 others who plan on joining as well. Depending on that final head count, that's how we will decide exactly which onboard reception package we will end up choosing.

YAYYY!! CONGRATULATIONS...I was feeling kinda lonely, LOL! Maybe we'll run into each other on the island??

Thanks for all of the posts

I cant wait to hear all about the weddings that are happening soon and I wish you the best of luck

Isd anyone having problems finding a dress? I really dont know what style dress to go for, one side of me wants a big dress but they are so expensive and heavy and it will be hot but they are gorgeous and the other part of me wants a shiffon style dress which is long and floaty and alot less money HELP !!!!!

Im in the Uk by the way xxxx

Thanks for all of the posts

I cant wait to hear all about the weddings that are happening soon and I wish you the best of luck

Isd anyone having problems finding a dress? I really dont know what style dress to go for, one side of me wants a big dress but they are so expensive and heavy and it will be hot but they are gorgeous and the other part of me wants a shiffon style dress which is long and floaty and alot less money HELP !!!!!

Im in the Uk by the way xxxx

HI Clare,

Ok since its just the 2 of us, I went with a simple short chifon floaty dress. Its gonna be super hot, and I want to be comfortable. To be honest, I think a simple dress fits the occasion of a beach wedding rather than the formal big gown ( thats just me). I acctually went online and found a nice dress at Macys. Hope this helps!!!

Allie

Wow... I am loving that I just found this thread!

We are eloping on Brewers Bay in November. Since it will just be the two of us, we aren't doing too much planning... We booked a minister & photographer and thats it so far. I think I am going to get some flowers & maybe have my hair done... (Im not so good with styling my hair-usually have it up in a sloppy bun or pony tail).

I am still looking for a dress, but I am loving the simplicity of coren moore's dresses. I am thinking because it will be fall (even though it wont look or feel like it on St. Thomas) that I will wear an ivory silk shantung dress with a lovely spice (fall orange) colored sash. If I get flowers I am thinking they will be live & will play with fall colors...

Good luck to everyone and please keep posting :)

It is so fun to hear about all your plans..Just love that dress from china. so pretty. My husband and I were married in St Thomas 20 years ago at Bluebirds Castle. We are returning on February 7th to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversay with our best friends. We are going to have a vow renewal at the spot we were married. Very simple.

Will all of you the same happiness we have had. And whoever said that it will be hot...it will..I am just wearing a cool white cotton top and skirt.

It is so fun to hear about all your plans..Just love that dress from china. so pretty. My husband and I were married in St Thomas 20 years ago at Bluebirds Castle. We are returning on February 7th to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversay with our best friends. We are going to have a vow renewal at the spot we were married. Very simple.

Will all of you the same happiness we have had. And whoever said that it will be hot...it will..I am just wearing a cool white cotton top and skirt.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! That sounds AWESOME...I already have it in my head that I want to go back for all the major milestones, but I'm not sure what my new hubby will think?? LOL

that's so sweet! I hope we can go back for our 20th... if not more often :p

i'm not really looking forward to the heat, but it will be worth it. we'll just have to jump in the ocean in wedding clothes right after the ceremony to cool off :D

Congrats everyone!

I am getting married November 1 2011 in St Thomas. Janelle is our co-ordinator as well.

Our ideal beach is Lindquist... but if anyone has pictures of Lime Tree Beach and/or Brewers Bay that shows lots of details I'd love to see them, because those beaches are more suitable for our crowd of 86+!! (And cheaper as Lindquist is $4pp!)

Congrats everyone!

I am getting married November 1 2011 in St Thomas. Janelle is our co-ordinator as well.

Our ideal beach is Lindquist... but if anyone has pictures of Lime Tree Beach and/or Brewers Bay that shows lots of details I'd love to see them, because those beaches are more suitable for our crowd of 86+!! (And cheaper as Lindquist is $4pp!)

I am getting married right after you :) Nov. 11th. I will be using Janelle's husband for our ceremony & am super excited (though he's been quite slow responding to my emails...sigh). I was torn on locations as well, but he advised Brewers Bay because of the cost and because of the sugar mill ruins which should be fun with our pictures.

I am getting married right after you :) Nov. 11th. I will be using Janelle's husband for our ceremony & am super excited (though he's been quite slow responding to my emails...sigh). I was torn on locations as well, but he advised Brewers Bay because of the cost and because of the sugar mill ruins which should be fun with our pictures.

Don't get discouraged. The whole family was on vacation for a few weeks around Christmas, and January is a very busy time for them since most people wait to jump into planning until after the holidays.

http://islandblissweddings.blogspot.com/

Don't get discouraged. The whole family was on vacation for a few weeks around Christmas, and January is a very busy time for them since most people wait to jump into planning until after the holidays.

http://islandblissweddings.blogspot.com/

Phew! Thank you for that bit of comfort. I honestly haven't been too overly concerned about anything to do with the wedding... I think I emailed him 5 times to get info before sending a deposit, then thanked him & we discussed making more plans as needed later on.

That was in in early fall, so I was really just wanting to touch base and make sure he had everything he needed from us, so we could rest assured we didn't need to worry about that aspect of our wedding.

No big deal, just worried a bit when I waited almost 2 weeks and heard nothing, then sent another email and now have waited a little over a week again & still nothing...

Archived