Carnival Destiny 1/6-1/10 Long and loaded with pix!

richbum

It would be nice if people didn't include the OP's photos in their replies. When the replies appear on second and third pages, it can create an additional download of the photos. In this case I see "bandwidth exceeded" icons from Photobucket instead of the photos due to all the repeated downloads.

It would be nice if people didn't include the OP's photos in their replies. When the replies appear on second and third pages, it can create an additional download of the photos. In this case I see "bandwidth exceeded" icons from Photobucket instead of the photos due to all the repeated downloads.

I don't think it was because of people replying with my pix in their response, because that did not really happen, It is because I either posted to many pictures, or they have been viewed to many times per photobucket standards. That is why I am downloading all new pix with Webshots instead of Photobucket. I am sorry for the inconvenience! Hopefully I will have them all downloaded soon.

This is my first review, so please bear with me. Some background info…There were 5 of us from Maine. Me (38) Hubby (39) Son (21) Sons girlfriend (20) and daughter (13). We booked this cruise last February when my sons National Guard unit was told that they were going to deploy next month for Afghanistan. Luckily, now that has been put on hold. We left after work on Tuesday (1/4) and drove to Portland, Maine (2 ½ hours from home, but 5 mins from the airport) since we had a 6am flight. A couple days before the cruise, I low balled a room on priceline ($35) and got it. I figured it is just a place to sleep for a few hours. I got the Howard Johnson, and it was fine for what we wanted. Wednesday morning (1/5) we got up to 13 degree temps, and were really looking forward to our upcoming trip. We got to the airport around 4:45 and got through security with no problems…which was expected since it is a small airport. Our flight left on time, and after a layover in Newark, we were on our way to sunny skies and warm temps in Fort Lauderdale. Once we arrived, we called Carlos from SAS and got our shuttle to Miami. ($13 each plus a $15 tip). Carlos was wonderful. He loaded and unloaded our luggage, and helped us in and out of the shuttle. I highly recommend him.

We stayed at the Marriott Biscayne Bay (Highly recommended). I got it for just over $100 on priceline. Once we arrived, I asked for a balcony room (they gave it to me for no extra charge) and a rollaway ($10 extra). We were all exhausted, but figured that we only had a few days of vacation, so we had better not waste it! We took the Metromover over to Bayside Marketplace (I know, cheesy tourist trap, but we are cheesy tourists, so it fit us well) The kids wanted to go to Hardrock Café, so we had a late lunch and did some shopping. By this time, hubby was getting a bad headache (dehydrated) so we went back to the hotel. (took the metromover again). The kids and I went and hung out at the pool/hot tub for a while, then walked around and took some pictures.

CarnivalDestinyJan11036.jpg

CarnivalDestinyJan11031.jpg

CarnivalDestinyJan11035.jpg

CarnivalDestinyJan11042.jpg

CarnivalDestinyJan11049.jpg

I thought this next sign was funny....this was as we were walking into the Hardrock~~

CarnivalDestinyJan11050.jpg

Apparently you received enough hits on your Photobucket account that you have exceeded your bandwidth allotment. When this happened to me I switched to the Pro version which has no bandwidth limits.

I know. That is why I am downloading all new pix with Webshots instead of Photobucket. I am sorry for the inconvenience!

You might want to look into something that will reduce the resolution a bit. Screens only display about 100dpi anyway so you don't have to post high resolution online. There is also image optimizer software.

Apparently you received enough hits on your Photobucket account that you have exceeded your bandwidth allotment. When this happened to me I switched to the Pro version which has no bandwidth limits.

Reposting his photos in your reply doesn't help the matter.

I used SAS with my last cruise. I flew into FLL airport, took a taxi (NOT CHEAP) to hotel (marriot) in Miami. Then SAS took me to port and picked me up when cruise was over. They are great!!!!! When you arrive after cruise a simple phone call and they are there to get you.

I arranged it all online and via emails after that, except for the call to go to the port and vica versa.

I had forgotten the website, but someone said it was ridesas.com

I can see the pictures fine now. Earlier I was getting the same message! Bummer that you had to get back to port earlier! Glad to hear you had a good trip anyways!

Thank you for taking time to read my review. We did have a good time. I hope that you can see all of the new pictures that I have posted. There are still more to come, but I am at work, so I will post between tasks.

Archived