Everything Silhouette thread.

derf5585

We are booked on inaugural - roll call has only about 8 posts! FYI - yesterday I checked to see if price went down on our cruise (7/23/11), and it had, big time!! Maybe the rest have gone down as well.

Andrea

Thank you for the wonderful tip off. We're now booked from the inaugrual, B 2 B 2 B.!

thank you, lots to read.............:)

You're welcome. I would start with the most recent (last) posts and work your way back to get current info.

There are many other threads for Cape Liberty on the East Coast Departures board also. Good luck. ;)

Booked for Jan 29 2012. We are very excited to try our first Celebrity cruise. My only fear is the threat of big time snow that we sometimes experience here in the northeast but I am planning on arriving the day before.

It's always smart to arrive a day or two early, especially either when you have to fly, or snowy weather could impact travel.

We are booked on the October 10 Holy Land, and then the October 22 Transatlantic. We have previously only been on one Celebrity cruise - the Summit to Bermuda, and we enjoyed it a lot. We usually cruise with Princess, but the Celebrity price for the Holy Land was more than $1,000 per person less than Princess, plus it is on the brand new Celebrity ship.

We have never sailed a transatlantic or a back to back, so we are looking forward to this new experience for us. Since we live on Long Island, we won't have to fly home, which is a very nice plus for us, though we still are not sure how to get back to Long Island. I've seen some bus and train info that we will probably use to get to Manhattan, and then the Long Island Rail Road.

I am disappointed that the glass show has been discontinued on this ship, as it is something we had been looking forward to. However, DH is happy about all the new beers that will be available in Michael's Club, as he enjoys trying new beers.

How did Silhouette cruisers choose their cruise date and itinerary?

Booked on the 11/6/11 cruise.

Chose that cruise as it would be the "Inaugural" sailing out of the US.

Chose the itinerary as NJ is only 4 hours from RI.

• Christmas/New Years holiday
  • RCCL did not have any 2 week Christmas cruises leaving in US
  • Did not want to fly
  • About 4 hour drive from home

• Loved the Equinox

My husband and I love the idea of taking a 12 night Caribbean cruise to get away from winter in the Northeast without having to fly.

We feel that January is perfect for a winter cruise because it is very cold where we live at that time and ships have a tendency to be less crowded because it is not a school vacation.

12-nighter - 11/18/11. First Celebrity cruise for us, but going with some friends that have cruised with X before. Looking forward to it!!

20 minutes to port can't be beat. We will leave the house and be enjoying lunch and a cocktail on board within 2 hours!

CHRISTOPHER M. DUFFY - NEVER FORGOTTEN

Army Spc. Christopher M. Duffy

26, of Brick, New Jersey.

Duffy died in Baghdad, Iraq, when individuals using improvised explosive devices and rocket-propelled grenades attacked his convoy. He was assigned to the Army National Guard's 3rd Battalion, 112th Field Artillery, Lawrenceville, New Jersey. Died on June 4, 2004.

Army Spc. Christopher M. Duffy

26, of Brick, New Jersey.

Duffy died in Baghdad, Iraq, when individuals using improvised explosive devices and rocket-propelled grenades attacked his convoy. He was assigned to the Army National Guard's 3rd Battalion, 112th Field Artillery, Lawrenceville, New Jersey. Died on June 4, 2004.

My nephew and my hero. Survived by his wife and newborn (at the time) son, who is now 7.

12-nighter - 11/18/11. First Celebrity cruise for us, but going with some friends that have cruised with X before. Looking forward to it!!

20 minutes to port can't be beat. We will leave the house and be enjoying lunch and a cocktail on board within 2 hours!

Hey you Two - Isabella - Pam --- I found you all - thank you Derf5585 for starting this thread - new thread, new ship -

Hubby Narce and I are on the same sailing as BeachBuzzard, Isabella, and Pam - Nov 18 2011 - can't wait - it'll be our second sailing on an X ship and can't wait to be with good friends as this is a reunion cruise for us all & to meet new friends who are on the roll call - love the pics of this beautiful ship being built.

Carol

Archived