Equinox - Best Celebrity Suite?

dylanvillan

Hi,

Can anyone help please? First cruise ever for me, husband and daughter.

We are booked on Equinox for a cruise in August. We have been given suite 1620. I noticed on another thread a comment about the balcony often being in shade as a part of the ship juts out over it. I understand this gives you more space inside. However, I am a sun lover and this would rather spoil having the suite. There are still plenty of alternative suites both on the Penthouse deck and Sky deck. Celebrity can't advise me, only refer me to the ship plan. Prices are all the same. Available suites are: 1110, 1112, 1114, 1233, 1235, 1237. 1615, 1617, 1618, 1619, 1622.

Can anyone help please? :confused:

Many thanks in advance.:)

I was just in 1233 on the Solstice (sister ship) the balcony was huge and I really loved the suite! The sun shade mix varies, but we never had a problem getting sun on the balcony at some point during the day. The balconies are completely covered (balcony above reaches to the railing of your balcony) but it was never a problem.

I personally would go for 1615 or 1618 and avoid 1620 and 1617, but for privacy reasons, not shade issues. We were just in 1615 which is on the angled part of the hump (largest CS balcony I believe) and when we stood at the rail, we could see virtually all of 1617's balcony. As someone else said, all the CS balconies are completely covered, so you're not going to be able to bake out there, but you will get some at certain times of the day.

Archived