passport cards for the kids

reallyexcited

DH and I have passports. Our 3 little kids to no.

Someone suggested we get passport cards for them...

will I need to bring birth certificates with me also? Will DH and i need anything to board except our passports?

does anyone have these passport cards for their kids??

Why bother with the passport card? Get them real passports that way you can travel internationally with them and not have to worry. The CARD is only for land crossings into the U.S.A.

With a passport you won't need to bring any other identification at all...the passport covers everything, it states where you were born and that you are who you say you are.

Forget the card and get them a passport book.

Don't waste your money on the card....Just use their BC's if you are doing a closed loop cruise...put the money that you would spend on the card towards a regular passport. Since you have 3 children, start getting them one at a time, so it's not such a big chunk of change at once...maybe one every few months, especially if you plan to travel.

You only need your passport.

We just did this for us and our three kids. The passports for them were cheaper than adult ones. We looked into both the passports and the cards. We went with the passport for emergency purposes. If we have to FLY home for an emergency or happen to miss the ship and need to FLY to the next port, everyone needs a passport. The card does not work when flying. It was much cheaper to do the card but decided not to take any chances. Also, the passport for kids expires after 5 yrs (not 10 like an adult one).

DH and I have passports. Our 3 little kids to no.

Someone suggested we get passport cards for them...

will I need to bring birth certificates with me also? Will DH and i need anything to board except our passports?

does anyone have these passport cards for their kids??

Passport CARDS are really convenience cards for people that live near the Canadian or Mexican borders and need to cross the border on a regular basis. They are NOT designed for children, but for anyone that crosses our border regularly. Passport CARDS are NOT good for flying. Only good for crossing those borders by car or on foot.

Get "real" Passports. [book]

Archived