What do you think fair compensation would have been for Elation Jan 10th to 15th?

lovintheship

What happened that you feel liKe you deserve OBC?

They missed one port while they worked on the engine or something. They got $72.XX OBC plus open bar compensation.

... .. a free cruise for missing one port, yea that would be dreaming I agree.

They missed one port while they worked on the engine or something. They got $72.XX OBC plus open bar compensation.

there was no open bar....

For a missed port the only compensation you receive are the port charges you paid. Why are you entitled to more? Was the cruise cut short or something?

Missed ports happen frequently, although we've been lucky. We missed one port, on a Royal Caribbean cruise, due to rough seas. We were reimbursed the port charges and that was it.

I think the only POSSIBLE thing to do is SUE I COURSE....I mean it's not like they tell you upfront in the contract you could miss a port....oh what they DO?

Hmmm....Ok I would STILL sue....I mean they dont expect us to READ the contract do they? and missing a port is a BIG deal....I mean how could I survive being on vacation with room service....food 24/7....entertainment...music...pools....warm weather...someone cleaning up after me....OHHHH THE HORROR

there was no open bar....

Thanks .. someone reported wrong and I should have found out for sure before repeating it.

If they gave me a extra $50 OBC to spend onboard.. Im all over it. I love shopping onboard. I always find stuff to buy. But since I wasnt on that cruise .. dont feel like I can judge. I realize some people are still upset about missing Callica (sp?) .. I thought Elation always went there, and I see my cruise on Feb 12th we are scheduled for Progresso .. so I would have been dissapointed too if I was supposed to go there, as I still have not been there.

Thanks .. someone reported wrong and I should have found out for sure before repeating it.

If they gave me a extra $50 OBC to spend onboard.. Im all over it. I love shopping onboard. I always find stuff to buy. But since I wasnt on that cruise .. dont feel like I can judge. I realize some people are still upset about missing Callica (sp?) .. I thought Elation always went there, and I see my cruise on Feb 12th we are scheduled for Progresso .. so I would have been dissapointed too if I was supposed to go there, as I still have not been there.

I think someone got the Fun Farewell Party (free booze) on the last Sea Day confused with that being part of some kind of compensation....

I would personally be satisfied with a future $200 OBC or even a free cruise...

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!

My understanding is that they received $72 OBC, which is waaaay more than the standard port tax refund, normally around $25.

Some people need to read their cruise contract before they sail...

I would personally be satisfied with a future $200 OBC or even a free cruise but I dont see that happening

Just off the dream from 1/8-1/15 we missed 2 ports due to high winds, we are getting a 20% future cruise certificate . I thought that was extremely generous since Carnival has no control over the weather. I didnt expect anything, but am happy with 20% off our next cruise.

This is a tough one to answer. Since this was a 5 day cruise the $72 seems very generous. However that does not replace the experience that many were hoping to get but yet didn't receive.

I've read where people believe the ship already had issues that Carnival was aware of. While they may have delayed leaving port to give them time to work on this the ship was sailing without issue until day 2. This was reported on another thread. If there were issues from sail away forward than I'd say Carnival knew and opted to sail anyway. Now had that been the case and they cancelled the cruise there would have been people furious if their cruise had been cancelled.

Now with that being said I was on the Swine Flu cruise aboard the Splendor where we were assured we were going to all of our ports. This is where I believe Carnival needs to step up their game and stand behind their words of "Make the cruise ship your destination". When this happens there should be a plan in place to ensure that the entertainment around the ship leaves people feeling like they are still on vacation. Instead of the same old scripted read your contracts etc type responses. It goes a long way in making guests feel valued.

Unfortunatly not everyone is going to be satisfied with what they were offered. Write those letters to guest relations expressing your unhappiness with this cruise experience. Chalk this up to a learning experience and base your future vacation plans on wether or not this is a vacation you are willing to risk given the various factors that can happen on a cruise vacation.

Truthfully, it sounds like the pax on that cruise already got financial compensation.

Bad weather and a broken down boat is kind of the luck of the draw.

We had a similiar cruise from Mobile the year before last.

It was stormy, cold and rainy too.

We missed a port and had an extra sea day.

And came back in late, but hey we got to eat an extra lunch onboard.

Fortunately I'm not interested in Carnival's entertainment so I am prepared to keep myself amused.

I was on the ship. There definitely was not an open bar. We did get the $72 PP credit and anyone who had excursions booked through Carnival got full refunds for them.

I do believe they knew the ship was having problems before we left Mobile. However, I can't prove that, obviously. I think the cruise on the whole was kind of a perfect storm of "things that can go wrong" actually doing so - ship breaking down, weather not cooperating, rough seas, etc.

I feel like the $72 is probably generous compared to what most get from what I am reading and given the contract we signed is likely fair. However, after the way it was handled on board combined with other factors having nothing to do with this particular incident, I likely won't sail Carnival again. I am not really interested in hitting them up for more compensation.

What happened that you feel liKe you deserve OBC?

It was a mess. We had engine trouble and got to Cozumel at 2pm instead of 8am so only had 3 hrs of daylight. Then when we got back on ship wewere notified we would not be making our second port in Calica cuz our engine was messed up so we could only travel at half speed so we had to head back towards Mobile the 3rd night of a 5 night cruise which was freezing. It was just a bad situation all around. I still made the best of it and had fun but Carnival could have done a better job. Staff was very grumpy by 3rd day. I have cruised 9 times and love it.....normally but this was just a bad experience all around

There was no open bar...I dont know why people keep saying thaat. I was there and no open bar!!!!.you obviously werent on the ship. and we got a $50 OBc...the other 22 was owed to us for taxes for port we missed. Also we were supposed to arrive in Cozumel at 8am and finally got off the ship bout 2ish (3 hrs of daylight left) then they decided to head out of warmer weather back towards Mobile so we couldnt even go on the decks (too cold)

I think the only POSSIBLE thing to do is SUE I COURSE....I mean it's not like they tell you upfront in the contract you could miss a port....oh what they DO?

Hmmm....Ok I would STILL sue....I mean they dont expect us to READ the contract do they? and missing a port is a BIG deal....I mean how could I survive being on vacation with room service....food 24/7....entertainment...music...pools....warm weather...someone cleaning up after me....OHHHH THE HORROR

You dont even know what happened. We didnt just miss a port. Its pointless to argue with you

I was on the ship. There definitely was not an open bar. We did get the $72 PP credit and anyone who had excursions booked through Carnival got full refunds for them.

I do believe they knew the ship was having problems before we left Mobile. However, I can't prove that, obviously. I think the cruise on the whole was kind of a perfect storm of "things that can go wrong" actually doing so - ship breaking down, weather not cooperating, rough seas, etc.

I feel like the $72 is probably generous compared to what most get from what I am reading and given the contract we signed is likely fair. However, after the way it was handled on board combined with other factors having nothing to do with this particular incident, I likely won't sail Carnival again. I am not really interested in hitting them up for more compensation.

Yeah if it just was a weather issue the $72 is more than fair IMO. However I highly doubt the engine issues happened during the cruise and this was the first CCL knew about it. Wondering how the current cruise on this ship is going?

Just off the dream from 1/8-1/15 we missed 2 ports due to high winds, we are getting a 20% future cruise certificate . I thought that was extremely generous since Carnival has no control over the weather. I didnt expect anything, but am happy with 20% off our next cruise.

I would be happy with that....our problem wasntt weather but defective ship problems

We headed back to Mobile 2 days early so no pools or sun or anything but thanks for the mean sarcasm

This is a tough one to answer. Since this was a 5 day cruise the $72 seems very generous. However that does not replace the experience that many were hoping to get but yet didn't receive.

I've read where people believe the ship already had issues that Carnival was aware of. While they may have delayed leaving port to give them time to work on this the ship was sailing without issue until day 2. This was reported on another thread. If there were issues from sail away forward than I'd say Carnival knew and opted to sail anyway. Now had that been the case and they cancelled the cruise there would have been people furious if their cruise had been cancelled.

Now with that being said I was on the Swine Flu cruise aboard the Splendor where we were assured we were going to all of our ports. This is where I believe Carnival needs to step up their game and stand behind their words of "Make the cruise ship your destination". When this happens there should be a plan in place to ensure that the entertainment around the ship leaves people feeling like they are still on vacation. Instead of the same old scripted read your contracts etc type responses. It goes a long way in making guests feel valued.

Unfortunatly not everyone is going to be satisfied with what they were offered. Write those letters to guest relations expressing your unhappiness with this cruise experience. Chalk this up to a learning experience and base your future vacation plans on wether or not this is a vacation you are willing to risk given the various factors that can happen on a cruise vacation.

Thank you for not being rude in your reply. I didnt expect all these rude responses. Maybe my expectations of my vacation to be enjoyable were crazy apparently. But thanks for being civil. I probably will get nothing but thats ok....I was just curious

I had that same feeling that we were having trouble before we left but once they leave port they have our money and what do they care!!!!! The more rude comments I read the more disgusted I get

Archived