My first Celebrity Cruise! Century 1/15/2011, Pictorial Review

DarthGrady

I think the Epic looks kind of like a pet carrier w/decorations on top.

Thanks for all of these wonderful pictures - makes me homesick for this lovely ship. Our second cruise was on her, first on Millenium. The Century concierge cabins were wonderful. Thanks again.

I agree about the Epic, she's not the prettiest girl at the ball. ;)

Thank you so much for the wonderful photo journal of your cruise on Century, DarthGrady (and thanks to the poster who brought this thread back). We're sailing Century to Hawaii in April (15-night round-trip San Diego to Hawaii). I just posted a link to this on our roll-call thread. :cool:

Thank you Grady for your wonderful photos. I came across your link quite by chance via the latest posting on the Celebrity Message Board Forum. We're sailing on Century (for the first time, having been on several other ships in the fleet) on March 23 next year, Honolulu to San Diego via Ensenada. We were a little hesitant as she will be over 16 years old but seeing your pictures has made a big difference to our anticipation. She looks quite beautiful. Of course, she may well have a few flaws, but that's what happens with getting old! I will also post a link to our roll call.

Great pictures of the Century! They brought back memories of two wonderful cruises that I had on her in 2001 and 2012 before she was extended and refurbished. I want to go again! The new ships are so big. Century seems just right. Thanks!

Thank you Grady for your wonderful photos. I came across your link quite by chance via the latest posting on the Celebrity Message Board Forum. We're sailing on Century (for the first time, having been on several other ships in the fleet) on March 23 next year, Honolulu to San Diego via Ensenada. We were a little hesitant as she will be over 16 years old but seeing your pictures has made a big difference to our anticipation. She looks quite beautiful. Of course, she may well have a few flaws, but that's what happens with getting old! I will also post a link to our roll call.

You're welcome! Shes a great ship, much nicer inside than other ships I have been on that were a lot newer!

Great pictures of the Century! They brought back memories of two wonderful cruises that I had on her in 2001 and 2012 before she was extended and refurbished. I want to go again! The new ships are so big. Century seems just right. Thanks!

I agree, I like ships in that size range. Not too big, not too little.

Hi DarthGrady, your photos are wonderful. We are going on the Century Apr 20 to Hawaii. Can you advise how one gets access to the thermal suites and if the Century has a thalossal therapy pool in the thermal suite area. Pricing etc. Is the spa healthy fare extra $. Cheers.

Apparently these are gym towels

232323232%7Ffp43353%3Enu%3D323%3B%3E8%3B7%3E682%3EWSNRCG%3D34729847%3C9326nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp4343%3A%3Enu%3D323%3B%3E8%3B7%3E682%3EWSNRCG%3D34729855%3A2326nu0mrj

Thermal Suite

232323232%7Ffp43364%3Enu%3D323%3B%3E8%3B7%3E682%3EWSNRCG%3D3472987932326nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp4335%3B%3Enu%3D323%3B%3E8%3B7%3E682%3EWSNRCG%3D34729855%3A5326nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp43349%3Enu%3D323%3B%3E8%3B7%3E682%3EWSNRCG%3D3472987937326nu0mrj

Barber shop

232323232%7Ffp43445%3Enu%3D323%3B%3E8%3B7%3E682%3EWSNRCG%3D34729855%3A8326nu0mrj

Thanks Rich for reply. Pls advise what the Persian Garden is about and whether the thermal suite is extra and how much approx if you know. Any info appreciated. Cheers

There is no thalassotherapy pool on Century. It was removed when she was renovated in 2006. I believe that Persian Garden replaced it.

Hi DarthGrady, your photos are wonderful. We are going on the Century Apr 20 to Hawaii. Can you advise how one gets access to the thermal suites and if the Century has a thalossal therapy pool in the thermal suite area. Pricing etc. Is the spa healthy fare extra $. Cheers.

No pool, but access to the thermal suite can be obtained (at an additional price of course) at the spa reception desk.

• 1 month later...

Suzanne thanks for the info on Persian Gardens .Love that the stone louinges over look the water:D

Cliff

Suzanne thanks for the info on Persian Gardens .Love that the stone louinges over look the water:D

Cliff

Darth,

I agree with all of the above posts....awesome job of posting pics of ship. It looks like a beauty, and can't wait until our Hawaii cruise. The Persian Gardens stone loungers are calling my name!:p

Thanks Cliff and Suzanne for posting this thread on our Aloha cruise April 20!!!:)

Will be on the Century for 15 days for a full transit of the Panama Canal.

Thanks for your photo review. It wood just gleams...

It will be great to return to the Century.

Love Michaels, Martini Bar and Murano's.

Will defintely do a day in the Persian gardens.

Terrific pics Grady - We are going to Alaska in June on Century and she looks amazing for age - unlike me :(

I will post a link to this site to our roll call too so others can have this great preview!

hmmmm need to figure out how to add tickers for my next 3 crusies......

Thanks for the kind words everyone, I'm glad you all enjoyed it!

Thank you, once again, for posting this fabulous photo-blog of your Century cruise -- our ALOHA CRUISE roll call has (more than once) pulled up your amazing pictures when we had questions about our soon to be home-away-from home! :cool:

Great review Darth.

My DW and i cruised on the Century in 2008.

We also were in 9221. Loved it. I just looked at the only pic i have of the room and they are identical.

The table on the balcony is the best. Breakfast everyday out there. I wish RCCL would put one that size on theirs.

We loved the Sunset Bar that was aft. watching the sunset as we sailed away is to die for. Great pics.

I was just debating to do a short review of our cruise but i lost most of my pics to a bad computer.

Thanks for the great shots!

• 1 month later...
I was looking at the photos of the aft on the ship, and I noticed the areas on the corners. Are those public areas to look out?

232323232%7Ffp43439%3Enu%3D323%3B%3E8%3B7%3E682%3EWSNRCG%3D34729962%3C4326nu0mrj

I believe those are public viewing areas. I think there were stairs down to them from the patio area behind the buffet.

Archived