Swim with Dolphins

tigerlilly2358

Yes, our family did this in PV. My wife and three children did the dolphin swim and it was the highlight of our trip. I was not able to do it, since they only had four slots available, but plan to do it again when we are in PV. My wife continues to rave about it to this day and wishes that I had been able to experience it with the others. For me, it was more important for her and our three kids to enjoy it. My plan was that I would be the photographer, but unless you have a seriously powerful telephoto lens and a steady hand, their photos will be way better (since I was in the spectator area). Bring extra $$'s for the photos and/or videos, you will want them when you see them after the swim. Per my wife: "Your smile muscles will be hurting the next day!"

Did you book through ship or through independent? My sister is nervous about not booking through the ship in PV.

I have booked this excursion through The Shore Excursion Group. We are going on Feb 14th. The only thing with booking it yourself is you may have to arrange your own transportation. It is just a cab ride (aprox $20 each way). This was $75 pp less than what the ship offered. Only our kids are swimming and my husband and I are just observing.

Looking into booking a dolphin swim on our cruise. There are a few out there to choose from. The one I was looking into was in Cabo, because of the short walk from the pier, but there are a couple of different choices in PV to choose from. Which one? :confused: There is one for 3 hours.....I would assume they provide transportation to the facility? How much was it to purchase the photos? Both my daughter and myself will be swimming, while hubby will be watching ....:eek::eek: Which is the better bang for your buck?

Make sure you compare apples to apples. 3 hours is likely not 3 hours in the water. That probably includes transportation time etc. The one at Cabo is listed for 90 minutes I think on the ship excursion but you are actually only in the water for about 30 minutes. I haven't done PV so I can't really offer advise for it. But I have read some threads that said the ships buyout all the spots or the facility won't sell the excursion from underneath them because that is biting the hand that feeds them so just do some research first. I would hate for you to think everything is set and then find out you can't do it.

Looking into booking a dolphin swim on our cruise. There are a few out there to choose from. The one I was looking into was in Cabo, because of the short walk from the pier, but there are a couple of different choices in PV to choose from. Which one? :confused: There is one for 3 hours.....I would assume they provide transportation to the facility? How much was it to purchase the photos? Both my daughter and myself will be swimming, while hubby will be watching ....:eek::eek: Which is the better bang for your buck?

We did the sea lion swim in PV. It was outstanding. I would say we were in the water with them for approximately 30-40 min. We did it thru the cruise line with Vallarta Adventures. We did purchase pictures (on a disc) for $100. Well worth it. Lots of fun.

Archived