Brilliance - Dubai - February 21st

Dadcab

We are due to fly out from Manchester UK night before. Would be good to hear from anyone on this cruise. We have two teenage children and Mother accompanying us. Has anyone got some excursion tips?

I suggest you join the roll call .....

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1249642

and read the many reviews from when she was there last year.... The comments vary greatly but some do contain useful tips!

http://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/memberreviews/getreviews.cfm?action=ship&ShipID=261&sort=date_newest&StartRow=51

Hi there -

We did the exact same cruise flying from Manchester at half term last year with our 13 year old.

We really enjoyed our trip - it was the first season that RC had cruised in this region so I guess we were "guinea pigs" for some of the excursions. Some were totally disorganised - but travel with an open mind and embrace the culture and experience and I think you will all have a good time. I am sure they will be more polished for 2011.

We were extremely tired on arrival - and now with hindsight recommend travelling a few days before the start of the cruise but we made the most of it and took a tour on the HOHO bus on the first afternoon which gave an overview of Dubai.

The other excursions we took were -

Muscat, Oman - We hired a private tourguide - he took us to the Mosque, the palace and around the souk - great experience.

Fujairah - RC tour - Dhow trip including lunch - stunning scenery and great snorkeling.

Bahrain - RC Tour of Formula 1 track and Hummer experience

Abu Dhabi - HOHO bus - we visited on Friday which is the day of prayer - so many things closed.

Dubai - Dune safari - great fun

Our son had a ball - we only saw him when we were on excursions - made many friends and still has contact with some on FB!

Hope this helps - by the way if your teenagers are female - please make sure they dress appropriately when off the ship - it will save any uncomfortable moments.

Happy to try and answer any further questions you may have.

Have you cruised before ?

Helen

Thanks Helen

Yes, this is our 4th RCI cruise. Looking forward to Dubai as it is a first for us and our two daughters. Will take on board the tip re clothes. How did you find your private tour guide? What time did you board I have heard you are kept waiting at a holding hotel for qhuite a while following an early arrival in Dubai.

Do you have any further cruises booked we are doing two weeks from Southampton end of July 11 on the Independence of the Seas.

Mark :)

Archived