"LIVE" from Oasis of the Seas / Jan 22, 2011

Radio

Good Morning everyone. . . Today is the day for Oasis of the Seas!

I plan to get to the port by around 11AM, and I should be on board shortly thereafter.

I woke up this morning very early, and I went up to the rooftop patio to try to get a few pics of Oasis of the Seas coming into Port Everglades. I was up there a little early, as there was no sign of Oasis.

When I was able to see her, the fog kept me from getting any pics there were good enough to post. . . But let’s look on the bright side as I will be on her in a few hours, so there will be plenty of images for the next 8 days !

I must run down to the local Starbucks on 17th St before I head over to Terminal 18 to grab some essentials. I hope that they still serve Starbucks in Café Promenade as they did last year (March 2010). I am not sure why they don’t serve SBX in the Mondo Coffee Bar. . . I am sure that there is a reason. (They changed the Mondo Coffee Bar to a Starbucks Kiosk on Allure of the Seas)

The current temperature is 67F, and VERY Foggy. . . I can see that the Oasis of the Seas is docked, and the sun should be out later today for our sail away.

Thanks for tall of the nice comments, and thanks for tuning in !

Here are a few pics from “very” early this morning. . .

Radio

;);)

Hyatt Pier 66

SA1.JPG

A view from the top

SA3.JPG

There isn’t much traffic this early. . .

SA4.JPG

Hey everybody check out portfever.com at 5:00 pm EST. today to watch Radio leave click on HD full screen you wont be sorry this live web cam gets beautiful shots of all the ships leaving.

Gary

Nice, Thanks:) I forgot about that webcam. . .

Here is the image.

Radio

;);)

Carnival Miracle and Oasis of the Seas

PF2.jpg

Hello everyone. . . I went back up to the Hyatt rooftop patio, and was able to get a couple of pics.

It is time to leave for the pier. . . My next post will be from the Oasis of the Seas !

Radio

;);)

Port Everglades

S2.JPG

The fog is trying to get out of Port Everglades

S3.JPG

Oasis of the Seas is waiting for me :)

S4.JPG

Radio, Ken & Deb,

Enjoy your cruise!

Radio -- I will post this link on our Bermuda roll call. Can't wait to hear all about your adventures onboard the Oasis! Hope your back is feeling better. Do the zipline for me!

Nancy

We're 49 days out as of today, and love Radio's "LIVE" reports. In fact, his video of last year's Oasis cruise is not to be missed! We sent the link to our friends in Texas who will be going on our Oasis cruise in March with us. They LOVED IT!!! Can't wait for this report, Mark, you do such a great job!

We will also be heading to Orlando first (Disney World and Universal), and then heading down to FLL, so just curious, did you visit Harry Potter World when you were at Universal? If so, I'd love to get your thoughts on this area.

Have a great cruise. I'll be "stalking" right along with all the others!

Dru

Hello everyone. . . I made it on board ! ! I left the hotel right after I posted the last photos, and made a quick stop at Walgreens before I arrived at Terminal 18.

There wasn’t any traffic when I arrived at 10:30, and the baggage drop off and parking only took a few minutes. I took my carryon in to Security, and I was whisked through very fast.

When I went to check in, the Agent was very nice and she was able to give me a Deck Plan. When Mrs. Radio came with me last March there was no deck plans left, and she wasn’t very happy. . .(I wouldn’t think of sending her one as a joke)

I was directed upstairs to the waiting area, and noticed that there were waiting area that were separated by Suites, Diamond Plus, Diamond, Emerald etc. . . I had to wait about 15 minutes before the gangway was opened .(11:15AM)

There used to be 2 separate gangways when I sailed Oasis last March, but the 2nd one is being worked on and there didn’t appear to be anu concerns from only having one.

I went to get 2 small snacks (a Roast Beef mini sandwich at the Park Café, and Honey Stung Chicken in the Windjammer that will hold me over until my late dinner) at 8:30PM.

I am happy to report that you can get Starbucks Coffee in Café Promenade and Mondo Coffee Bar. . .There is a small fee for the coffee, while Seattle’s Best coffee is included in your cruise price. I am enjoying a cup as I make this post. . .

The Muster Drill for me is at 4:30PM at Comedy Live on Deck 4, and Sail away is scheduled for 5PM. Our Oasis Roll Call on Cruise Critic will have a unofficial Meet & Mingle after the Muster up at the Mast Bar.

Here are a few pics from my arrival, and a few from on board. More pics later tonight after sail away

Thanks for tuning in !

Radio

We’re almost there. . .

S6.JPG

I’ve been waiting to see her for a long time.

S7.JPG

The porters were not busy at all at 10:30AM

S8.JPG

Terminal 18 was very nicely laid out. The shot wait was very pleasant.

S11.JPG

I make it up the Gangway, just a few steps away.

S12.JPG

My home for the next week on board Oasis of the Seas

S14.JPG

Radio - How is your back feeling today? Hopefully 100%!

Can't wait for your first post onboard!!!!! Are you there yet????

Thanks Robyn. . .;) It feels about 90%. . .Yesterday was bad at 70%.

(I think the Jurassic Park ride at Universal did the damage:o)

This should be a fun week. . . I just need the skies to clear up a little. . .

Radio

;);)

Here are a few more pics. . .More pics after dinner.

Radio

I have a standard Balcony Cabin on Deck 6. It is very nice.

S20.JPG

The room configuration is reversed from my last sailing on Oasis (The Bed is near the closet instead of the Balcony)

S18.JPG

The pools are open, but when I boarded there were no passengers using them.

S22.JPG

It really looks like a storm is about to hit us, but the Zip Line was in full swing.

S21.JPG

The AquaTheater is empty, but it will be packed tonight with on of the first shows

S29.JPG

Flavored Water ? Hmmm. . . It’s actually very good !

S19.JPG

The pools are open, but when I boarded there were no passengers using them.

S22.JPG

The AquaTheater is empty, but it will be packed tonight with on of the first shows

S29.JPG

Just wondering how full/busy the ship seems? In these photos you see no one...but I know that's just because everyone is getting settled, but since you've been on her before, I thought you could elaborate on what most days seem like...there are a lot of passengers on the ship...but she is also huge...does it feel "busy" most of the time? Just curious. Thanks.

Hello! Thank you so much for doing this. I am going in May and look forward to your review. I have a ? You wrote that your itiniery will be stopping in costa maya. I thought that they switched that port with Falmouth, Jamaica. Thanks again!

Moe

Archived