"LIVE" from Oasis of the Seas / Jan 22, 2011

Radio

Thanks for doing this LIVE report for all of us!!! As always I will be tuning in and watching all week - along with Trainmans as well!! :rolleyes:

I see that you will be on Freedom this summer, wonder if we are on the same sailing? :confused: I will be on in August. :p

Enjoy your week, the sun and warmth of the caribbean!!!!

Hi, Radio.

Thanks for taking time for your vacation for yet another LIVE repot. From your pics of the Solarium, there don't appear to be any cushions on the loungers. Is that correct?

Not on the ones in photo but there are wicker chairs & loungers up behind under cover with cushions.

Radio,

A friend gave me a head's up that you were back on with another Live-feed! I love your live-feeds. I end up checking in on my subscribed threads often in the day to see what treasures you bring each time you post.

We will be sailing on the Oasis on Feb 5th for a B2B cruise. We knew we needed 2 weeks to enjoy her best so keeping fingers crossed our flights get out of Canada on time. We fly a few days early just in case of delays.

Thank you for taking time out of your cruise to post to all us eager followers. Love you to bits for this!

Muriel

Hi Radio!

Looking forward to your posts as hubby and I will be on Oasis Feb. 5, with the same itinerary as yours. Also it is our first cruise! I would love to see the compasses as others have requested too. This is making me so excited to cruise! Thanks so much for taking the time to do this.

By the way, it is officially 2 degrees here in NH!

Seadrifters,

I see you are also sailing on Feb 5th, 2011? Swing over to our roll call thread and introduce yourself. We have a Meet & Mingle group ready to go.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=27621675#post27621675

Muriel

Radio,

Do you have any clue what those windows are above the AquaTheater at the top of left and right hand corners of the picture? Not the AquaTheater Control Rooms but the windows above? I believe they are on Deck 14, but I'm not sure. I've been wondering what they are for a while.

Hi,

I wondered that myself and when we sailed her last October I found out.

Those windows hold the spot lights and all the specialty lighting that goes with all the shows on board.

Hope this helps.

g

Radio, Sooo looking forward to the rest of your report! We were on Oasis over Christmas. It's warming me up just looking at those great photos you take!

One poster asked about time changes on the Western route, we did not change time when we were on the ship. The captain reminded us in Cozumel that we would stay on ship time, not on local time, so don't be late! Also, the Solarium age was 15 or 16 and up.

Hi,

I wondered that myself and when we sailed her last October I found out.

Those windows hold the spot lights and all the specialty lighting that goes with all the shows on board.

Hope this helps.

g

newsier,

Thank you for clearing that up. Like I said, I had been wondering about that for a while. Thanks again

—samoyedlover24

As a side note, at what age are kids allowed in the solarium? I know small children aren't, but I have a 17 and 20 yr old who like to chill with a good book or Ipad?

Kids must be 16 or older for the Solarium. . .

Radio

;);)

The sun never made it through the clouds, but she is still trying. The temps today so far are mild (72F), but there has been no rain.

We still have 323nm until we arrive in Labadee tomorrow morning

I have to make it back to class, but I have lots of pics to take, and lots more pics to post later !

Thanks for tuning in. . .

Radio

;);)

Our current position

MAP2.jpg

The sun never made it through the clouds, but she is still trying. The temps today so far are mild (72F), but there has been no rain.

We still have 323nm until we arrive in Labadee tomorrow morning

I have to make it back to class, but I have lots of pics to take, and lots more pics to post later !

Thanks for tuning in. . .

Radio

;);)

It is about 20 degrees here. Tomorrow with the predicted wind chill they are saying it will feel like below zero.

Here are a few more pics. . .More pics after dinner.

Radio

I have a standard Balcony Cabin on Deck 6. It is very nice.

S20.JPG

The room configuration is reversed from my last sailing on Oasis (The Bed is near the closet instead of the Balcony)

S18.JPG

The pools are open, but when I boarded there were no passengers using them.

S22.JPG

It really looks like a storm is about to hit us, but the Zip Line was in full swing.

S21.JPG

The AquaTheater is empty, but it will be packed tonight with on of the first shows

S29.JPG

Flavored Water ? Hmmm. . . It’s actually very good !

S19.JPG

Thanks for all the info you ar sending our way!! Are the flavored waters included or do you have to pay for them? Thanks!!

Archived