Cloud 9 Spa Balcony Cabin???

jacksmom09

Do the spa balconies on the port side have the same problem? Can't really tell what the area above them is from the deck plans.

We booked cabin 12205 for our October Cruise.

If you look at the deck plans (which every cruiser should do!) the first 5 or so cabins on the port side have the spa directly above them not the serenity deck.

It is 2 decks up where the serneity deck is and it has high covers over the railing or a hot tub.

This is why we booked there so we can have the open air balcony for sun / star viewing and not anyone directly above us.

Hope those cabins are available for you! :-)

Be aware that Cloud 9 Spa services are not the same on all ships, so you really need to confirm before you book if you have your heart set on that type of room. For instance, Carnival Sunshine will not have a thalassotherapy pool or rainforest shower.

• 4 months later...

We are booked in an even numbered balcony cabin for a New Year's Cruise 2013-14. 12024. From the Deck Plan it appears that there is not a problem with the water slide steps or with people on a deck above. the Serenity is 2 decks above. Is there a problem with onlookers or with noise. Also On The Magic are the balconies on deck 12 covered?

We did Spa deck 11 on Splendor.

It was fine, and we may book it again, but it would not make or break a cruise either way.

We didn't really like being on such a high deck or so far forward. Though we fell in love with the heated lounge chairs.

I've been in a Spa Balcony cabin twice on the Splendor. #1 was for the non-smoking area. Beautiful! #2 access to the amazing relaxation rooms, steam rooms, saunas, and that incredible therapy pool. #3 we think the decor is a wee bit nicer.

We'll do it again! :p

Be aware that Cloud 9 Spa services are not the same on all ships, so you really need to confirm before you book if you have your heart set on that type of room. For instance, Carnival Sunshine will not have a thalassotherapy pool or rainforest shower.

Also to add to what Laurin612 said only the Splendor has the Rasul Mud treatment room.

Thinking very seriously about charging reservation from a balcony to a spa balcony. I have two concerns. One, I have read about other cruisers saying there is no privacy from above and people leaning over you with drinks and dropping cigarette butts on your balcony. Second how bad is the motion of the ship? I mean considering your pretty high up and forward.

Thanks

The spa cabin gives access to the spa's pools and sauna area which is wonderful and limited (you have to have an arm band to get in there). The products in the room are the higher quality Elemis products the spa sells. The bathrobes are different and you get slippers. I think you also get two complimentary classes (like aerobics or spin?)

The area is usually very serene and quiet. Its a nice option if you will use the spa a lot or would buy the package for the saunas/thalassotherapy pool. The decor is more "spa like" but the cabin size is no different.

Nice, and we enjoyed the amenities, but we'd only do it again if the price was right. I can still get my aft balcony and buy the thalassotherapy/sauna package separately.

Exactly!! We were on the Breeze this past April 2013, and the price was great so we did get a Spa balcony, it was fabulous , but to book it again unless we got a great price....we were also in cabin 12019....Felt very little if any at all movement...Looking to the deck above , we never seen anyone, although not sure how they could see us either!

Edited by jolyroger

Thinking very seriously about charging reservation from a balcony to a spa balcony. I have two concerns. One, I have read about other cruisers saying there is no privacy from above and people leaning over you with drinks and dropping cigarette butts on your balcony. Second how bad is the motion of the ship? I mean considering your pretty high up and forward.

Thanks

Well we were on the breeze, in spa cabin 12019, no complaints!! I know I must sound like a broken record from previous posts but we felt very little if any at all movement...And as far as cigarette butts , or even smell for that matter from the area above us, we never encountered this...Or people being able to see us while we were on our balcony.

So there will be a cover on deck 11, excellent. We upgraded this morning to a cloud 9 spa balcony stateroom, just wanted to make sure we had a cover. Thanks so much :D

Spa cabins on deck 11 and deck 12. Deck 11 is covered by the cabins on deck 12. I'm booked for a spa balcony on 11 for this same reason- dont want an uncovered balcony :)

Spa cabins on deck 11 and deck 12. Deck 11 is covered by the cabins on deck 12. I'm booked for a spa balcony on 11 for this same reason- dont want an uncovered balcony :)

Is the Splendor the same, no cover on deck 12 but there is a cover on deck 11 balcony?

Is the Splendor the same, no cover on deck 12 but there is a cover on deck 11 balcony?

Splendor is the same with the exception that spa cabins are deck 10 and deck 11. When you are on deck 12 forward you can look down on cabins on deck 11- but you can't see deck 10 since its covered by 11.

Because I knew someone would ask, I did take this pic of what was above us..Now it looks more directly over us than it actually was..I did not find the sun to be beating on us when we were out on the balcony, nor did I find there to be smoke or people from above that could look down..I would definatly book this cabin and deck again.....If the price was just as good as this past cruise on the Breeze!cruise2013256_zps2e40b8de.jpg

• 4 years later...
Because I knew someone would ask, I did take this pic of what was above us..Now it looks more directly over us than it actually was..I did not find the sun to be beating on us when we were out on the balcony, nor did I find there to be smoke or people from above that could look down..I would definatly book this cabin and deck again.....If the price was just as good as this past cruise on the Breeze!cruise2013256_zps2e40b8de.jpg

Agreed, there is a window above the railing on the deck above, so unless you're 15 feet tall, you aren't going to be leaning over the edge!