Bar Setup your experience please

Olstick

My Wife and I are sailing on the Gem leaving Feb 1 I would like to purchase a bottle of Rye through NCL.2 weeks ago I e-mailed NCL using groupeventgem@NCL.com and immediately received a form letter e-mail from them acknowledging my e-mail. Since then I have not heard from them. I was wondering what experiences you might have had in purchasing a bottle for the room. We leave in a week and 1/2 Also If you could suggest what I should do at this time I would greatly appreciate your input. This is the first time I have attempted to order the Bar setup. Thank you.

My Wife and I are sailing on the Gem leaving Feb 1 I would like to purchase a bottle of Rye through NCL.2 weeks ago I e-mailed NCL using groupeventgem@NCL.com and immediately received a form letter e-mail from them acknowledging my e-mail. Since then I have not heard from them. I was wondering what experiences you might have had in purchasing a bottle for the room. We leave in a week and 1/2 Also If you could suggest what I should do at this time I would greatly appreciate your input. This is the first time I have attempted to order the Bar setup. Thank you.

Hi Olstick-

My experience was that I got an email back the next day with prices. They need credit card information, as you pre-pay. So my group event coordinator just asked that I give her my cc to charge. I didn't want to email it, so just this week I called to give it to her over the phone but she's on vacation for this week so I'm calling back on Monday. I would email again, as it was my understanding this had to be done at least a week prior to sailing.

best of luck

I sailed on the Dawn last November and when I called my ship rep to order the bar set up she was on vacation. I spoke with someone else at NCL. I gave my CC number over the phone, placed the order, and when I got to my room the bottles were waiting for me. Very easy. I would call NCL and just speak to another rep and they should be able to help you out since the time is getting short.

If you are a week and 1/2 from your cruise you're too late to order the bar setup. It has to be done at least two weeks before a cruise.

For our cruise, after making final payment, I emailed groupevent for our ship and asked how much a bottle of Southern Comfort would be. I got a return email with the price and the co-ordinator's phone number. I paid for the liquor, got an email receipt and it was a done deal.

I'm sorry you didn't get prompt enough reply to use the bar setup option.

Archived