First time cruising and I have a 9 year old

tracidanielle

Hello, I am about to book my first cruise. I am single mom with nine year old son. I am traveling with a girlfriend who is also single and her 9 year old son is my sons best friend. Perfect scenario for both of us...However, we originally wanted to do a Disney Cruise in July. We soon found out we have started too late for a stateroom in our price range on Disney. We are now looking at Royal Caribean (Freedom of the Seas) because of Dreamworks or Norwegian Jewel because of Nickelodeon. Questions...Are the cheaper ships on these cruise lines just as kid friendly or is it worth extra to get the Nick or Dreamworks experience?...Which ship is better for adults and kids?....Are there other cruise lines that we should consider instead? thanks for any help you can offer a first timer

Choose your cruise for the price and itinerary that best suits you. The boys will have a wonderful time on any cruise line and don't have anything to compare their experience to - there won't be whining because the ship did not have . . .

There are great kids activities on all major cruise lines, the boys already have their best friend along, don't worry about 'themes'. You will have a much better time if money is not a big issue. Work within your budget. We would rather spend the extra money on activites than on the cruise fare. My DS has gotten to choose one special excursion on each trip - swim with the dolphins, Atlantis submarine, etc. Your DS will most likely have more memories of activities like those than a particular theme on the ship. Good luck, enjoy!

Archived