QM2 Jan 3-13 Photos, Videos, Menus, etc.

pb82

I've uploaded my photos and videos to the Sub-albums of the "2011 QM2 January" Sub-album of the pb82 homepage (click on pb82 by my avatar, then click on "Visit pb82's homepage!").

Daily Programmes, menus, wine lists, etc will be added as I complete scanning them.

Thank you for sharing this with us.
You are most welcome to rummage amongst my photobucketed QM2 memorabilia. I've uploaded all the Daily Programmes now, each to the corresponding daily sub-album. And that's it for a while. Enjoy.

PB 82,

What am I doing wrong..............I can find the menus, etc.??

RL

They are there, but you do have to do some clicking to reach them. Start by clicking on pb82 by my avatar, then click on "Visit pb82's homepage!". That page is titled "pb82's album" and there is a list on the right headed "Sub-albums". Click on the sub-album called "2011 QM2 January"; there you will find more sub-albums containing the menus, wine list, etc.

In the good old days I would have simply included the links in this post, but that isn't allowed any more. Happy clicking, I hope.

Hope you're right, WD. Here is the link to my "2011 QM2 January" photobucket album. Clicking on "Here" took me to photobucket, but not to my album.

Now I'm just typing the url here:

http://s102.photobucket.com/albums/*********2011%20QM2%20January/, which the powers that be clobber with *********.

I'm jinxed, or more likely under some restriction for my past sins.

Thanks for sharing.

I notice that you post the Cruise Critic get together sign in book. I'm not sure that it is such a good idea to put this out on a public forum such as Photo Bucket. I looked through some of the images and many people have listed their full names and in some instances their home addresses. When people sign such a book, they don't necessarily expect this information to be made available for the world to see.

Please note that this is not a public criticism. In this day and age one should be aware of how much information is "put out there".

I did try to do this offline, but you do not supply an email address either here or on Photo Bucket.

I understand your concern, Rich, but I can't imagine that any "expectation of privacy" attaches to anything written in a communal log that's available to anyone for the asking.

Okay then.

Please post your full name and address in this thread. If you are not prepared to do this, then I think you should delete the Cruise Critic Log photographs.

WD

I understand your concern, Rich, but I can't imagine that any "expectation of privacy" attaches to anything written in a communal log that's available to anyone for the asking.

While you are technically correct, I think that when you have an "intimate" gathering with a guest book for sign in, most people don't ever think that this information will be disseminated in the way that you did. I have no problem having my info out there, but the people who gave their full names and home addresses may.

Okay then.

Please post your full name and address in this thread. If you are not prepared to do this, then I think you should delete the Cruise Critic Log photographs.

WD

FYI, the "Guard Your Personal Information Carefully" section of the Cruise Critic Guidelines begins with:

"It is best not to post your real name, address or phone number publicly on the boards. Also, keeping as much information about yourself private should be your first priority."

FYI, the "Guard Your Personal Information Carefully" section of the Cruise Critic Guidelines begins with:

"It is best not to post your real name, address or phone number publicly on the boards. Also, keeping as much information about yourself private should be your first priority."

But no problem for posting just that about others. Nice.

Are you going to remove the log entries?

WD

Thanks for sharing.

I notice that you post the Cruise Critic get together sign in book. I'm not sure that it is such a good idea to put this out on a public forum such as Photo Bucket. I looked through some of the images and many people have listed their full names and in some instances their home addresses. When people sign such a book, they don't necessarily expect this information to be made available for the world to see.

Please note that this is not a public criticism. In this day and age one should be aware of how much information is "put out there".

I did try to do this offline, but you do not supply an email address either here or on Photo Bucket.

Hi Trainman. You might be interest in this thread where guest book information being available on the web was discussed. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1287981&highlight=guest+book

I think many members indicated that had no objection about the guest booking being available on the internet. (I've never signed the guest book, so I have no vested interest one way or the other.) -S.

Hi Trainman. You might be interest in this thread where guest book information being available on the web was discussed. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1287981&highlight=guest+book

I think many members indicated that had no objection about the guest booking being available on the internet. (I've never signed the guest book, so I have no vested interest one way or the other.) -S.

Kind of like a tale of "Where's Waldo".

I understand both sides of the discussion. I still feel that having people's real names and addresses out there may not be in their best interest. If people are aware of the fact that the book may be photographed and that the photo will be posted on the Internet, then it they can make an informed choice whether or not to sign. Do you know if there are other instances where the guest book has been photographed and published (other than PB82)?

Kind of like a tale of "Where's Waldo".

I understand both sides of the discussion. I still feel that having people's real names and addresses out there may not be in their best interest. If people are aware of the fact that the book may be photographed and that the photo will be posted on the Internet, then it they can make an informed choice whether or not to sign. Do you know if there are other instances where the guest book has been photographed and published (other than PB82)?

Trainman, no, I don't know if it's been published elsewhere, and I don't think there is any way to know how often it has been photographed or copied. Posting photos of pages it on the internet increases it's availability, but whatever is in that book was always publicly available to anyone who wanted to see it whilst on board ship. For that reason, I wouldn't have had any expectation of privacy had I signed the book. The security concerns involved for those who sign using a real name and address is an issue I mentioned on that previous thread; since I don't need the hassle, I'm not going to go there again, but good luck to you. ;):) -S

Archived