Simon Wier?

woodofpine

We had the pleasure of having Simon Wier as Cruise Director on both the Galaxy and Summit. He is a great cruise director and very pleasant when around the passengers. Our group had nothing but praise for Simon. With any luck he will be on board when we book Summit again next year.

We have had Simon Weir on two cruises and both experiences were excellent.

P.S. If you have something to say (or insinuate) about someone it's always a good idea to at least take the time to spell their name right!).

I thought Simon was awesome. We saw him quite a bit out among the passengers and he was always very pleasant. We were thrilled to find out that he'll be on our October sailing on the Summit. Simon really loves the Summit and take great pride in her.

Voyager of the Sea -- September 2001; Galaxy -- May 2002; Zuiderdam -- September 2003; Summit -- APRIL 2004; CAN'T WAIT -- SUMMIT OCTOBER 2004

Here is another person who thinks that Simon is one of, if not the best CD that I have sailed with.

Bob

Sovereign of the Seas

'92 '95 '96 '97 '97 '99

Nordic Empress '92

Mornarch of the Seas '93 '97

Song of America '93 '94

Starward '94

Facination '95

Century '97 '00 '04

Destiny '98 Mercury '98

Enchantment of the Seas '99

Millinnium '01 '02 '02

Grand Princess '01

Norweigian Majesty '03

Infinity '03

Summit '03

Majesty '04

Navigator '04

Constellation '04

What brought this on?? I dislike open ended questions that imply rather than state an opinion. I don't pay attention to CD's as I find most of them WAY to chirpy for my tastes. However I know a great many people enjoy what they offer so they obviously serve a purpose...they just don't serve one for me.

How many times have we all heard the "shower curtain" joke during disembarkation talks...might be time for some new material.

Dan

CenturyX1,GalaxyX2,HorizonX5,VolendamX1,

Zenith to Bermuda Oct/04

Century to E.Caribbean Feb/05

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Danno:

I don't pay attention to CD's as I find most of them WAY to chirpy for my tastes. However I know a great many people enjoy what they offer so they obviously serve a purpose...they just don't serve one for me.

How many times have we all heard the "shower curtain" joke during disembarkation talks...might be time for some new material.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

On our first cruise we thought the CD was wonderful ... laughed at all the jokes. After the third cruise we didn't find them nearly as amusing. They must all use the same CD handbook! icon_biggrin.gif

Sailyn

As an ex-Celebrity cruise director, I can tell you that you learn most of the routine from the CD before you. If you have your own sthick, that's great for a few cruises. Sooner or later the repeat guests come and complain or you teach your vacation replacementand it sounds like you heard it before. It works well for those who cruise once in a while, but we all use the tried and true material.

Now I sail as a guest on Celebrity and find that those who say the least are the best. Just be a good host and smile at the passengers. The days of opening monologues are basically over, thank God.

Michael

Cruise director, many ships, but mostly Celebrity

MDZ

Archived