Quick question in Denali

rollnoles2

No cabs up at Denali! But the McKinley Chalets are right on the main stretch of what is called Glitter Gulch and there are places to eat at within a very easy walking distance from there.

I've always had a car when we stayed there but their website says the following -

http://www.denaliparkresorts.com/accommodations/mckinley-chalet-resort.aspx

Services:

•Courtesy shuttles will conveniently transport you throughout the resort. The Resort also offers complimentary shuttles between the facility, the Park Mart, the Wilderness Access Center, and the Denali Visitors Center. For your convenience, here is a shuttle schedule.

•The McKinley Chalet Resort is a pickup point for all park tours, and all other local tours and activities.

•The McKinley Chalet Resort offers shuttle transportation to and from the Railroad Depot - on request - and is a pick-up and drop off point for The Park Connection.

Susan in Anchorage :)

Thanks for the info! I knew that McKinley Chalet had a shuttle, but I think it only runs until 7:00 pm and I wasn't sure how to get back from Denali if we wanted to stay in the park later.

You're right, looks like they stop at 6:30. So without any other transportation, you'd be looking at a bit of a walk as the Entrance to the Park on the Highway is MP 237 while the Chalets are 238.5, so that's just 1.5 miles and then into the Visitor Center. Can't quite remember how far that is into the Park but using google it was over 3 miles from the Visitor's Center to the Chalet.

Susan in Anchorage :)

No cabs up at Denali!

Several people on the forum repeat this, but as far as I know, it is untrue (can't confirm what will happen next summer). In fact the past several years there have been two companies:

Caribou Cab and Denali Transportation. There is also a rental car company in Healy now.

Thanks! I'll check out those two companies. My husband saw that Denali Salmon Bake and Prospectors Pizza have shuttles that will pick you up if you eat in their restaurant. Has anyone tried that? And is their food worth the shuttle ride?:o

Archived