Caribbean Sail to Christmas Island/Honeymoon Cove

jacksmom09

• 1 month later...

I just returned from from the 3/12/11 Oasis of the Seas sailing and did this excursion. It was our best day and I highly recommend it! Our gang consisted of myself, my two daughters ages 10 & 12, and my mom at 72. Crew member Brian met us as we disembarked. Spring Break week so they were full with 90 passengers divided between two boats. After a short walk down the pier, we boarded the "Silent Lady". They crew was so efficient and everyone had a place to sit so it never felt crowded. First, Greg passed around ice water for everyone. Sodas were available also. No beer or delicious "pain killers" 'til after snorkeling. En route to Turtle Cove (the more popular name), snorkels, fins, & vests were passed out as Brian gave us an entertaining safety and snorkeling lesson. Once anchored, Brian guided us to the interesting snorkel places; first we saw lots of turtles 18 feet below us. They would have to come up for air eventually and we were asked to hold as still as possible and certainly not try to touch them. Then Brian (he had a big red noodle for visibility) led us to the coral reef area to see more fish and kept us away from the fire coral! After about an hour of snorkeling, we were back on board the Silent Lady and Coors Light and Pain Killers (sodas and water also) were flowing freely. A big tub of nachos and salsa were passed around also. The Pain Killers are a wonderful mixture of Pineapple Juice, Orange Juice, Coconut Juice(?), & Rum and are delicious. I will have to try to make that at home! We then set sail to our island. Everyone got a pirate tatoo. Mine is still on! Once anchored, you could swim to shore or take the dinghy in. Nice beach and even though shared with other excursions, was not at all crowded. There they served a BBQ lunch. It wasn't cooked right there but brought in in big aluminum trays but quite satisfied the hunger. Greg and Brian gave a demonstration on how to open a coconut if ever stranded on a desert island. After about 2 hours on the beach (just guessing the amount of time there) we sailed back to the port with free flowing liquids. The crew here were what made the day so much fun. Capt. Dave, Brian, and Greg entertained us the entire day while keeping us safe. I was a bit concerned about this cruise being to "boozy" for the kids but it is totally appropriate for kids and the crew made sure kids and Grandmas had a great time and were all well assisted when needed. Lots of fun, if I knew how to download to pictures to you, I would!! I can e-mail if you want though. Hope this helps.

I just returned from from the 3/12/11 Oasis of the Seas sailing and did this excursion. It was our best day and I highly recommend it! Our gang consisted of myself, my two daughters ages 10 & 12, and my mom at 72. Crew member Brian met us as we disembarked. Spring Break week so they were full with 90 passengers divided between two boats. After a short walk down the pier, we boarded the "Silent Lady". They crew was so efficient and everyone had a place to sit so it never felt crowded. First, Greg passed around ice water for everyone. Sodas were available also. No beer or delicious "pain killers" 'til after snorkeling. En route to Turtle Cove (the more popular name), snorkels, fins, & vests were passed out as Brian gave us an entertaining safety and snorkeling lesson. Once anchored, Brian guided us to the interesting snorkel places; first we saw lots of turtles 18 feet below us. They would have to come up for air eventually and we were asked to hold as still as possible and certainly not try to touch them. Then Brian (he had a big red noodle for visibility) led us to the coral reef area to see more fish and kept us away from the fire coral! After about an hour of snorkeling, we were back on board the Silent Lady and Coors Light and Pain Killers (sodas and water also) were flowing freely. A big tub of nachos and salsa were passed around also. The Pain Killers are a wonderful mixture of Pineapple Juice, Orange Juice, Coconut Juice(?), & Rum and are delicious. I will have to try to make that at home! We then set sail to our island. Everyone got a pirate tatoo. Mine is still on! Once anchored, you could swim to shore or take the dinghy in. Nice beach and even though shared with other excursions, was not at all crowded. There they served a BBQ lunch. It wasn't cooked right there but brought in in big aluminum trays but quite satisfied the hunger. Greg and Brian gave a demonstration on how to open a coconut if ever stranded on a desert island. After about 2 hours on the beach (just guessing the amount of time there) we sailed back to the port with free flowing liquids. The crew here were what made the day so much fun. Capt. Dave, Brian, and Greg entertained us the entire day while keeping us safe. I was a bit concerned about this cruise being to "boozy" for the kids but it is totally appropriate for kids and the crew made sure kids and Grandmas had a great time and were all well assisted when needed. Lots of fun, if I knew how to download to pictures to you, I would!! I can e-mail if you want though. Hope this helps.

My group of 10 was on this voyage as well... I thought it was the best excursion. We have been on many cruises and have taken alot of private as well as ships excursions and this one was by far the best run/most fun and a good combination of relaxing and activity. I will not hesitate to do it again.

Thanks for your review of this excursion, as I have been trying to decide what my 11 year old grandson and I should do while grandpa is playing golf! Had been considering this one but wasn't sure it would be appropriate for kids, so I just signed us up for this!

• 6 months later...

We did this excursion for our honeymoon. It was a really fun day filled with tons on sun! The snorkling was good, we saw turtles. Then we went to Honeymoon Cove for lunch. The only thing I didnt like was swimming from the boat to the island for lunch. They did have a dingy but only made 1 trip with it. On our particular trip there were no children but just happened that way.

• 4 weeks later...
how old were the kids on your sail? i have a 9 year old and a 5 year old. just wondering if it would be appropriate for the the 5 year old or if he is too young. any info would be great!

I am wondering this too, mine will be 8 and 4

Thanks

I am wondering this too, mine will be 8 and 4

Thanks

I guess it depends on your 4 YO. Would he like sailing on a cat? Swimming on the beach? Maybe give snorkeling a shot?

He will be able to feed fish from the cat, there will be plenty.

Here is a link to

http://s1039.photobucket.com/albums/a474/Johneeo/Saint%20Thomas%202009/

pictures of our excursion.

I think most kids would love it.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived