What drinks are free on Amsterdam?

norituck

All beverages are free except soda, alcoholic drinks and specialty coffees from the Explorations Cafe. (I'm not sure about non-alcohol mocktails ... I think you pay for them.) Cappuccino and espresso are free in the MDR after meals.

• 2 weeks later...

1. and don't forget the Mariner's Party

free wine

2. and don't forget the Captain's welcome aboard toast

free champagne

3. and don't forget the Suite welcome aboard if you're in a S or better

free everything

4. and don't forget the VIP party if you're invited

free everything

5. and don't forget happy hours

2 for 1

makes me thirsty just reading the list:D

What about in the MDR? Any free juice there?

Ask your table steward for juice, and it will be provided. If you are on fixed seating, and you will want juice every evening, put in a standing order for it. It's easier on the table steward if he knows in advance, and can get the juice as part of his prep work.

If you ask a wine steward for juice there may be a charge. I shared a table with someone who asked the wine steward for cranberry juice, and she was charged. She asked about it, as juice is not supposed to carry a charge. The story went that the nature of the juice was different, and bar juice had a fee. Lesson learned.

Ask your table steward for juice, and it will be provided. If you are on fixed seating, and you will want juice every evening, put in a standing order for it. It's easier on the table steward if he knows in advance, and can get the juice as part of his prep work.

If you ask a wine steward for juice there may be a charge. I shared a table with someone who asked the wine steward for cranberry juice, and she was charged. She asked about it, as juice is not supposed to carry a charge. The story went that the nature of the juice was different, and bar juice had a fee. Lesson learned.

Thank you for this interesting information.

In the Lido, you have a choice of orange juice from concentrate, or fresh squeezed.

Ruth....How do you get the fresh squeezed vs the concentrate? There is a juice station on the Lido line, with various juices, how can you tell the difference. I love OJ in the morning and would prefer fresh squeezed.

Ruth....How do you get the fresh squeezed vs the concentrate? There is a juice station on the Lido line, with various juices, how can you tell the difference. I love OJ in the morning and would prefer fresh squeezed.

The location of the fresh-squeezed may vary on the different classes of ships. I know the juice from concentrate is lined up with the other kinds of juices. The fresh is in an area with a juicer in the background.

Sorry, I really am not helping, am I. :o

You can see the actual machine at work on the lido line and there will usually be staff member manning it and trays of the obviously fresh juice in glasses.

Don't forget the hot chocolate in lido or MDR

I hope I will find the hot chocolate packets on the Amsterdam. When I was on the Volendam in 2008 (Alaska), it was very difficult to find them. One day it took at least 15 minutes before they located some for me. I don't know if it was just a low supply that particular week, but they kept them hidden and you had to ask.

.....and cappucinos and lattes available ONLY in the MDR ...yummm:) ..........

Bring your travel mugs........... :D:cool:

Would they allow you to fill a travel mug if you were in the MDR or only if you were getting your drink from the Neptune Lounge?

The location of the fresh-squeezed may vary on the different classes of ships. I know the juice from concentrate is lined up with the other kinds of juices. The fresh is in an area with a juicer in the background.

Sorry, I really am not helping, am I. :o

Yes you are. We live about 15 miles east of your home port, just over the border, so we speak the same language. I am just going to look for the juicer machine.

Archived