Questions about Papeete, Tahiti

Kissara22

We have booked our cruise for Thanksgiving this year aboard the Tahitian Princess, but do to our scheduling we will be staying in Papeete, 3 days post cruise. We have booked the Intercontinental Beachcomber Resort. I was curious to know if anyone had any reviews about the Resort, the town in general. Any great deals to be aware of. Also, we're curious about the nightlife of the town. Places to go, etc. Thanks so much! :cool:

Kissara22 - You've selected the right property. The ICBC Tahiti (Papeete) is the best on Tahiti. However - IMO Papeete is just another "port city". You can pretty much see & do all Papeete you want in a half day. On the other hand - if you rent a car - a sightseeing trip around the island and Tahiti iti is great and can be done in a half-day. Also - you might want to consider going to Tahiti's sister island of Moorea for a day trip or, as part of your pre-cruise stay at ICBC Moorea. The Moorea ICBC is outstanding, people are friendly & helpful. Lots to do & see on Moorea. The Papeete/Moorea ferry makes the 30 minute trip easy & affordable. Just some thoughts. SeaFish

Wonderful Ideas, ......I have been reading a lot about the day trips and activities one can do on Moorea in just a day. Sounds like fun. We were also thinking about renting some bicycles and exploring tahiti that way, ..slowly. :D

We stayed at the Beachcomber between island flights on our HM. We had read reviews that it was the best on the island and were not disappointed. We had a lagoon view room. The rooms was clean and comfortable, the bed was nice, and we had a great balconoy with views of the grounds and the ocean. It was a wonderful first night of our HM. The property has an infinity pool and a pool with a sandy bottom. We adventured into both for a short time (again we were only there overnight). We had breakfast in the restaurant the next monring which was great. I've been told the property has shows but they didn't have any the night we were there. We were greeted with a welcome beverage and they were great upon departure, calling a cab for us before we had to ask them to. I loved the property and would choose to stay there again if we needed a night's stay in Papeete. One thing I really loved about the hotel was the view. It looks across the ocean to Moorea, it's a beautiful view. I can wrangle up some pictures for you, if you would like. :D Just let me know.

As for activities in Papeete, we spent one morning at the Papeete Market, that was a cool experience and your best bet for buying souveniers. The prices were lowest there of all the islands we visited. It was a neat cultural experience as well. They had AMAZING floral arrangements, beautiful woven items, and other foods which, if nothing else were interesting to see. If I were to spend more than a day on Papeete I would check out some of the reviews at Tahiti Explorer's forums, they have some great recommendations there. When I was planning our trip I found a website of a traveler who spent a few days on tahiti. Can't remember it off the top of my head but I'll try and dig it up. :)

Let me know if you would like those pictures! Have fun planning.

Ah yes, google (without the quotation marks) "jamie doris french polynesia" and you can see his pictures and some info about the excursions they did. They stayed at the Beachcomber as well.

Laura,

Wow, Thanks so much, ..it's much nicer to get a one on one review instead of plowing through hundreds of nameless reviews. Thanks again, and I'm checking out the site right now. If you still want to share your pictures, you can email me and share away, or link on this thread :D.

Ps. This is going to be our HM too :D :D

I thought he was pictures of the room but I couldn't find them. Anyhow, here's our pictures from Tahiti/Beachcomber.

http://www.snapfish.com/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=20743643/t_=7027003

If you're bored and want to see other FP pics or if there's anything else I can aswer for ya, let me know. HM'ing in FP is a dream, you are going to have an absolute BLAST! :D

Laura,

Thank you so much for providing a link to look at the rooms at the ICBC. I can't seem to get the link to work, ...I will try again later :) I did look at those other pics, and those despite the lack of the hotel pics, were great too! :D

Archived