Qsine questions

Jo and Rob

Are you charged per item or is there a standard cover charge and then you eat as much as you like?

What is the cover charge for adults?

Is there a cheaper cover charge for children?

Would children enjoy it?

Does Celebrity have a kids club in the evening that the children could attend if we went on our own?

Many thanks

The cover charge covers all the food; you do not pay per item. Same price for children. Depending on your children they may or may not enjoy Qsine. Most report that it is a very lengthy meal since usually people sample a large number of courses, so if they do not enjoy lengthy dining experiences they may not have a good time at Qsine.

If possible go with a small group. You will be able to try more selections that way. That being said dining for two can also be fun but you will have to make some tough choices. We were four with fairly healthy appetites and we waved the white flag after about 7 entrees. When we turned down dessert our waiter suggested eating just a bit and he would wrap up the leftovers. Glad we did as these were also yummy.

A few simple guidelines that helped us:

Eat a small breakfast.

Eat a small lunch.

Do not be tempted by the bread selections in QSINE. The selections are great but hey, it is still just bread.

We went at opening. This gave us great seats and we were able to see the later shows.

Do not miss it. Amazing atmosphere, service and food.

It a long evening. I went with 3 cruisemates on Eclipse and we had an

8:30 reservation. We did not finish dinner till almost midnight. It is

ALOT of food. Next time I will make a reservation closer to 6:00pm.

I agree with Edward~eat VERY LITTLE the day you will be dining in

Qsine. But I disagree about the bread;)

It is a wonderful dining experience but I doubt a youngster would have

the patience to dine for such a long period of time.

ditto, ditto, ditto.

We ate breakfast that morning at Bistro on 5 (wonderful!) and then I skipped lunch...glad I did.

We also passed on the salad dish and the crunchy munchies...still the 4 of us ordered 10 items and we were 'packed' as we approached the finale, which of course, was the filet mignon and the best of all!

Dessert, although novel, was not the best but the little dishes of specialties was great (the cupcakes were adorable but we didn't indulge!)

Q'Sine was amazing. Best enjoyed as a group so you can order lots of items to be shared. As mentioned previously, don't eat much during the day as it's a LOT of food. Also great martinis and drinks you make youself on the iPad. Definitely a one of a kind restaurant and well worth the $35 fee.

I agree with all the advice posted about Qsine. We ate a small breakfast and skipped lunch and I was so glad we did. It is a LOT of food and a very long experience, but more than worth it.

I think kids would enjoy it, as it's a lot of hands-on activity and "playing" with your food; however, they also have to have the patience and be able to sit for at least two hours due to the nature of specialty dining experience.

When people suggest "going with a group", is that only other couples you might be cruising with? Or is it like the main dining room scenario where you might be seated with people you don't know? My husband and I are thinking of going on Celebrity next winter by ourselves, and would definitely like to try Qsine, but we won't be travelling with anyone else... :confused:

When people suggest "going with a group", is that only other couples you might be cruising with? Or is it like the main dining room scenario where you might be seated with people you don't know? My husband and I are thinking of going on Celebrity next winter by ourselves, and would definitely like to try Qsine, but we won't be travelling with anyone else... :confused:

Hi Tina--once you know what cruise you are taking, check out your roll call for that sailing. Start chatting with some of the folks, and I bet you'll get a group for Qsine. My DH and I are sailing on Eclipse on FEb 19th (Cannot wait, especially with the blast of winter we got today!), and with getting to know some of the people and seeing who would be interested, we now have a group of 12 for Qsine!

You do not need a group to enjoy. We went as party of 3 a few weeks ago. Next to us was a party of two. We all had lots of items to taste and enjoin. The waiter will change the size or make substitutions of most items to fit your group. As an example, one member of our party was a vegetarian. So when we ordered the chicken skewers, she brought one with out chicken but with just roasted vegetables. Also, don't worry about wasting a bit of food. It's fun to try lots of items and you may not like it all.

Disco4, I'm sure you're going to love Celebrity and the Eclipse. We are fairly new to cruising having only done Alaska on Mercury in 1998. We were orginially scheduled for the Nov. 26th date and changed because we heard there was a very large group on that cruise. If the posts were accurate on the rollcall they were anticipating over 1000 in their group. We got advice from experienced cruisers and decided to change because of the possiblity of overcrowded venues when their group was having activities. Something you might want to think about.

Actually, we just met up with another couple in our cc roll call the first day of the cruise and began to 'hang' with them. Invited them to join us on our previously scheduled Qsine reservation...and then we had 4!

Do recommend booking in advance (I booked online 45 days out) for most availability. If you wait til you board most popular times may be gone!:rolleyes:

Can someone explain to me a little more about Qsine. We are sailing on Solstice in March. I think this might be sonething we would like Thankyou

Is Qsine on the Solstice? I thought it replaced Silk Harvest on the Eclipse only?

Can someone explain to me a little more about Qsine. We are sailing on Solstice in March. I think this might be sonething we would like Thankyou

Qsine is a very interesting concept Celebrity came up with. I agree it works much better with a group of people so you can experiment with more food. Someone asked about the group concept and no, you aren't assigned at a table with others like you are in the MDR. You get your own table for however many people are in your party. If you want to go as a group and aren't sailing with anyone, just ask people from your roll call if they want to join you. You can still enjoy it no matter how many people go, it's just more fun and you can try out more food the more people you have.

Each person is given an IPAD which has the menu on it. You then choose different things you would like to try and "add" them to your favorites. Our waitress told us to agree on 7 or 8 items we all wanted to try and she would bring out a couple of the most requested items such as M's favorites (a collection of different mediterranean foods) for everyone to try. The waitress will then start bringing out a couple of the choices at a time. Just large enough for everyone to sample, but not full portion sizes, more like tapas or appetizer size. The filet mignon is designed for two to share. It's called painter's filet and you will have little jars of sauces to brush on it. It was better than the steak I had in Muranos. You will see sushi rolled in tortilla chips on a stick, disco shrimp in a glass bowl with flashing lights, huge meatballs, popcorn fish and chips, spring rolls that are actually in springs, etc. It's a lot of fun and the food is great. Check out this website another cruiser posted. Start on the page that I have linked and scroll through. She did an outstanding job of taking pictures and labeling everything so you can see what is available in Qsine.

http://sailing.smugmug.com/Celebrity-Eclipse-November/MenusFood/14850454_UchZ4#1111466834_uaLDF

Archived