Need Help - Have never cruised in winter

bsbcgirl

Although I have cruise 5 times, my caribbean cruises have been in either April or July (hot weather). I am taking my first cruise in 3 weeks (Western Caribbean) and am unsure how to pack for days and evenings on the ship. Do I pack shorts or Any help would be greatly appreciated.

We always cruise at the end of Feb. or beginning of March. We come from upstate New York. No matter how cold it is, I leave my coat at the airport in Rochester. I change from pants to shorts on the plane before we land in (usually) Miami or San Juan. Shorts and T-shirts for the rest of the week, except for dinner of course. You should not need warm clothes on the ship.

Although I have cruise 5 times, my caribbean cruises have been in either April or July (hot weather). I am taking my first cruise in 3 weeks (Western Caribbean) and am unsure how to pack for days and evenings on the ship. Do I pack shorts or Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Outside of Philly, what ship are you sailing on?..K.O.:)

We left Galveston Nov. one year. It was 28 when we got on the ship. I didn't bring any warm clothes other than what I was wearing. I had to buy a sweat shirt on the ship. The only really warm day was the one day in Cozumel which was beautiful. We tried to out run the cold front coming back but it didn't work. It was a very bumpy ride. This was a 4 night cruise.

Your ports will all be warm but the weather to get to a port & getting home could be cold.

Yes- if leaving from Galveston before April, you will need warm clothes. Tomorrow night we are forecast to have snow- so that is how it is right now here. By the first sea day we generally are south of where the cold fronts can reach easily. I am packing some fleece for the ship in case some areas are cold- windy places on the Conquest got pretty uncomfortable in November.

It was the Nov 06 cruise that happened to me on. I worked 1/2 day that day. Left for work it was 70 outside. Got to the ship & borded at a temp of 28.

Tomorrow high is not even suppose to be above freezing but Sunday is going to have a high of 62.

Weather will generally be warm. But it's better to be prepared and no need it, than need it and not be prepared.

Also, winter tends to have winder conditions and higer seas than summer (which is windier and higher seas only when a hurricane is in the area)

Archived