Curacao Taxi To Blue Bay Beach?

offdutyOshawa

It appears that Blue Bay beach is closest to the cruise dock, being about 10 minutes drive from Willenstad.

Is it just me, or does anyone else think Curacao is the most expensive place to get around?

All the cruiseline tours seem overpriced, when compared to similar type tours on other islands.

I emailed a Curacao taxi company about rates to the beach and was shocked by their high-priced quote.

So, what is it going to cost me to grab a cab from the cruise dock, or from downtown - yea, I know you have to walk a bit and cross the inlet on the floating bridge to get to town - to spend some time at a nice beach?

Thanks in advance for your replies!

Here is some info I found myself while surfing the web- this tour provider has been mentioned in several threads on CC so I think he is reputable.

Visit to:

East side and West side of Curaçao. The East side is the residential part, the West side is the rural side, with unharmed nature, plantation houses and natural beaches.

Highlights East side: Punda (Willemstad), Liquor Factory (Blue Curacao), Scharloo (beatiful plantation houses, former Jewish area) and Spanish Water Area (luxe).

Highlights West side: Boca Tabla (it's like walking on the moon and it has a cave and lots of rouh water), Knip Beach (the most beautiful beach of Curacao, here we'll swim for approximately an hour), Saltlakes of Jan Kok (flamingo’s).

Lunch at Westpunt

Price: $ 50,- p.p. (excl. lunch and drink; incl. bottle of water and entrance Boca Tabla)

We could pick you up at the exit of the pier at 8.30 AM.

Please let us know if you're interested! For a good price for a private tour, we need to know with how many people you are.

Kindest Regards,

Peter Wouters

--

PeterTrips IslandTrips Curaçao

Sightseeing and Transfers

Tel: (005999) 465-2703

Cell: (005999) 561-5368

Fax: (005999) 465-3703

www.petertrips.com

It appears that Blue Bay beach is closest to the cruise dock, being about 10 minutes drive from Willenstad.

Is it just me, or does anyone else think Curacao is the most expensive place to get around?

All the cruiseline tours seem overpriced, when compared to similar type tours on other islands.

I emailed a Curacao taxi company about rates to the beach and was shocked by their high-priced quote.

So, what is it going to cost me to grab a cab from the cruise dock, or from downtown - yea, I know you have to walk a bit and cross the inlet on the floating bridge to get to town - to spend some time at a nice beach?

Thanks in advance for your replies!

Blue Bay is NOT the closest beach to port. Holiday Beach and Hooks Hut are closer. Mambo is closer also, but on the other side of the channel.

But, Blue Bay is nice, so depends on what you want to do.

Thank you. And is Blue Bay as sandy as Kontiki?

Do you know the taxi price to each?

Thanks.

Taxis are not much really but not sure as I had my own car to get around. I lived and worked there for a year. Blue Bay has a little coral next to shore, but you can work around it. Kontiki/Mambo beach is a little easier on the feet but if you are going to dive or snorkel, go to Blue Bay. Blue Bay has the only golf course on the Island, if you are traveling with a golfer..

Taxis are not much really but not sure as I had my own car to get around. I lived and worked there for a year. Blue Bay has a little coral next to shore, but you can work around it. Kontiki/Mambo beach is a little easier on the feet but if you are going to dive or snorkel, go to Blue Bay. Blue Bay has the only golf course on the Island, if you are traveling with a golfer..

Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived