"Mahahual Village Shopping" lots of Bartering

red29er

My Brother-in-law and left the girls back on the Carnival Glory and we went out to Mahahual Village about 2 miles from the dock $3.00 bus to the village and $2.00 cab back! In the village is a 1.5 mile beach promenade with restaurants and shops. Selling all kinds of things. Like and idiot i bought what i thought was a silver chain. The vendor had a little table that was off promenade. So later on while sporting my new bling. A man at a real shop said hay how much did i pay for the chain then he said you know that is electroplated copper and then showed me after grind of some of the coating. He said i should take it back to get a refund. So i did. After i came back he said that these types of vendor come down from Can Cun to rip off the cruise ships. And then told me that these vendors make the locals really look bad. My good Samaritan is David Benitez and his shop is "SILVER-REEF" he hand makes some of his own pendants.

After all we had a great afternoon drinking and eating while sitting on the beach. These people really do appreciate us coming there since Hurricane Dean in August of 2007 most of the larger trees are still bare.It's cheap and fun.

GARRY

COMPLETED CRUISES:

1978 HOLLAND AMERICA ROTTERDAM

1982 RCL SONG OF NORWAY

1986 HOLLAND AMERICA NOORDAM

1988 RCL NORDIC PRINCE

2000 NCL SS NORWAY

2007 RCL NAVIGATOR OF THE SEAS

2009 CELEBRTY CENTURY

2009 CARNIVAL PRIDE

2010 CELEBRTY SUMMIT

2011 CARNIVAL GLORY