Tucan Sailing

ChCo38

Has anyone ever done this excursion? I have tried several times to schedule this and every time it is either full or not running. I did a similar excursion in Barbados and had a great time. We will be in Cozumel on April 14th and would like to schedule this however they said that so far no one else has inquired about the tour. I like the fact that they only take out a small group, sixteen maximum, so there is plenty of room for everyone to stretch out while sailing. I would just like to hear input from anyone who has done this tour to see if it's worth pursuing. Thanks

Yes I have and it is worth it. Nice day on the water to a part of the island that is away from the crowds. They do have a minimum they will go out with, ask Dan the owner. Maybe if you join the roll call for your ships trip you could find some like minded folks and recruit a few to reach the number needed.

good luck

Rich

I have just booked it for our cruise in March- very good communication- they put us on a list as they had no others booked for that date yet but just contacted me last week to confirm that they had the minimum number so we could go. will write a review when we return. read lots of good reviews on tripadvisor.com

My husband and I went on the catamaran in 2008 while we were in Cozumel on a cruise. We enjoyed it. The weather was not looking great when we got to the boat, so we waiting about an hour before we headed out. It did rain right after we got on the private island, so we didn't stay there long, but it added excitement as we all were transported back to the catamaran in the rubber boat. But, then it cleared up and was beautiful the rest of the day.

We especially enjoyed eating guacamole on the catamaran and talking with the crew. We had the fish of the day at the beach, and it was AWESOME! It was so good, we went back and ordered another lunch to share. Because we got a late start, the catamaran had to use power most of the way back so that we could make it back to our cruise in time.

We always try to do something different in Cozumel each time we go on a cruise. Would recommend Tucan for a relaxing day on the water away from the crowds. It provided my fix for the Caribbean water and beaches, and it provided my husband with "fish talk" conversation and entertaining activities as laying on a beach all day is the last thing he wants to do.

If you contact them with your dates they can put you on a list and then confirm when they have enough people (6 minimum I believe ). That is what we did- they said spring is quite busy so there is usually not a problem meeting the minimum

Archived