HMC Cabana's.........yes or no ?

msfish

Have booked a Cabana at HMC, will be there in March, would really like some up to date reviews on this service, should we get the Butler service, should I cancel all together, is it worth the $. Have Terracotta #13 booked. This will be a surprise for my BF, want to make sure it is money well spent !!

Thanks in advance for the input:)

Do you have any tours booked for HMC? If so -- you won't be using the cabana all day.

Another thing to consider -- if you are NOT planning to stay on the island all day -- then it is not worth the money.

No tours booked, just want a beach day, will most likely be there all day.:)

The food with the Butler package is excellant, and that includes unlimited drinks- of any type.

It is a perfect beach day. We think it is worth it, and you will enjoy it. We have enjoyed it so much, DW made me book a B2B next December, with 2 stops at HMC with cabana and butler.

In November we had the Terracotta cabana - I would highly recommend you renting this for the day. My only complaint was we were not at HMC long enough. We did not have the Butler service, in my opinion you really don't need it. Staff from the ship would stop by to check if we needed anything. Terracotta is at the perfect location, away from things, but not too far to walk, to take a nice stroll. I surprised my husband with this knowing he would have thought I was out of mind for the expense of it - he loved it....... Go for it, it's worth every cent.

Irish

Unless you are HEAVY drinkers,I don't see that the addtnl $270 for the butler is warranted. With the $300 that you already have invested in the cabana itself, you now have $570 into a place that you will use for maybe 6 1/2 hrs.

In my opinion, I'd use that $270 if you WANT to spend it, to upgrade your precruise hotel (if more than one nite) or toward a nice weekend getaway once you get home and need another escape. JMHO

I was in the terracotta cabana my first tine at HMC. I loved it there! It's far enough away from the crowds that you have a real sense of peace, but don't feel like you're totally removed from the world.

My friends and I had the butler service, and it was grand. But I think I would have been just as happy without it. I don't drink much, and only wanted a soda or two all day. I think it was just too much food, at least for me. But it did taste good!

Oh, you will love it there!

I was in the terracotta cabana my first tine at HMC. I loved it there! It's far enough away from the crowds that you have a real sense of peace, but don't feel like you're totally removed from the world.

My friends and I had the butler service, and it was grand. But I think I would have been just as happy without it. I don't drink much, and only wanted a soda or two all day. I think it was just too much food, at least for me. But it did taste good!

Oh, you will love it there!

Thanks for the feedback, do you know if you can take wine/champagne from the ship with you to HMC, I know you are able to take it on board?

The cabana's look so cute, I love the sun but now that menopause has hit i get a little overheated and a cool spot will be good!:D

In November we had the Terracotta cabana - I would highly recommend you renting this for the day. My only complaint was we were not at HMC long enough. We did not have the Butler service, in my opinion you really don't need it. Staff from the ship would stop by to check if we needed anything. Terracotta is at the perfect location, away from things, but not too far to walk, to take a nice stroll. I surprised my husband with this knowing he would have thought I was out of mind for the expense of it - he loved it....... Go for it, it's worth every cent.

Irish

Thanks, will keep my Terracotta cabana! So excited!!:cool:

The food with the Butler package is excellant, and that includes unlimited drinks- of any type.

It is a perfect beach day. We think it is worth it, and you will enjoy it. We have enjoyed it so much, DW made me book a B2B next December, with 2 stops at HMC with cabana and butler.

Wow....Lucky you, Still deciding on the Butler service, I expect you can book it last minuet while on the ship, as long as I have the Cabana secured. :)

Thanks for the feedback, do you know if you can take wine/champagne from the ship with you to HMC, I know you are able to take it on board?

If you decide to get the butler package there would be no point, as that package includes all you can drink.

Otherwise, I see no reason you can't bring it, so long as you understand you might be charged corkage (if it isn't HAL furnished) for the glasses, opener, and chiller.

The cabana's look so cute, I love the sun but now that menopause has hit i get a little overheated and a cool spot will be good!:D

It's always seemed silly to me that there's A/C in such an open area, but it does feel good. And that shower is very refreshing.

Wow....Lucky you, Still deciding on the Butler service, I expect you can book it last minuet while on the ship, as long as I have the Cabana secured. :)

I don't know what you define as last minute, but if you get the Butler, the day before you get a menu to chose food from and some other stuff. Based on your "last minute" comment, it seems you are stopping at HMC on the next to last day of your cruise. I wouldn't book the Butler any later than day 2 or 3 of your cruise.

If HMC is your second day on board, the "menu" will be in your cabin when you board, if you have the Butler. In this case, I wouldn't wait to book the butler when you board.

I don't know what you define as last minute, but if you get the Butler, the day before you get a menu to chose food from and some other stuff. Based on your "last minute" comment, it seems you are stopping at HMC on the next to last day of your cruise. I wouldn't book the Butler any later than day 2 or 3 of your cruise.

If HMC is your second day on board, the "menu" will be in your cabin when you board, if you have the Butler. In this case, I wouldn't wait to book the butler when you board.

Very helpful, Bruce, last port, my "last min" would be day 1, my BF's would be after we returned home! Thanx:)

If you decide to get the butler package there would be no point, as that package includes all you can drink.

Otherwise, I see no reason you can't bring it, so long as you understand you might be charged corkage (if it isn't HAL furnished) for the glasses, opener, and chiller.

It's always seemed silly to me that there's A/C in such an open area, but it does feel good. And that shower is very refreshing.

A/C is my new best friend! A short cool down does wonders!!

Have booked a Cabana at HMC, will be there in March, would really like some up to date reviews on this service, should we get the Butler service, should I cancel all together, is it worth the $. Have Terracotta #13 booked. This will be a surprise for my BF, want to make sure it is money well spent !!

Thanks in advance for the input:)

The butler service is fantastic but certainly not a necessity. Read the description and determine for yourself if you believe you would get enough of a benefit from it. The cabana itself though is remarkable and at least in my opinion a "must have"

Unless you are HEAVY drinkers,I don't see that the addtnl $270 for the butler is warranted. With the $300 that you already have invested in the cabana itself, you now have $570 into a place that you will use for maybe 6 1/2 hrs.

In my opinion, I'd use that $270 if you WANT to spend it, to upgrade your precruise hotel (if more than one nite) or toward a nice weekend getaway once you get home and need another escape. JMHO

I agree, though think that 6.5 hours is the absolute most your could use it for.

FWIW I was on the first tender off the Eurodam a few days ago at HMC and set my clamshell past the pirate ship a way and settled in for a nice beach day. I was somewhat surprised the family/families in cabana #9 didn't arrive for a while, probably around 10:00 am - 10:30 am or there about, and lots of folks were heading back around 2 pm and the crews packing everything up so they really only got about 4 hours use of it at the very most.

Just an observation and to each their own. Like you suggest now having been to HMC I think I'd splurge elsewhere than getting a cabana but that's just MHO.

The butler service is fantastic but certainly not a necessity. Read the description and determine for yourself if you believe you would get enough of a benefit from it. The cabana itself though is remarkable and at least in my opinion a "must have"

I agree DBA, the Cabana's are a "must have" for several reasons. It's like some luxuries of home that bring a kind of warmth, a place to call your own while relaxing on the once of the best beaches. Usual HAL treatment if wanted (or more with butler service) and the BQ is just fitting to either bring back to cabana or hang around the picnic area. The only misgiving I have is that when it seems the cabana is unoccupied because all are enjoying HMC, some inconsiderate fellow voyagers want your temporary luxury for various reasons. Examples: the free stuff, ie:for them (mats, snorkel equip, A/C, mist on loungers, munchies, beach side rest, shade). The worst is personal theft......so leave that important stuff on the safe HAL vessel and take your beautiful picture embedded cruise card, chg from beachwear towel, camera and whatever YOU might need to enjoy the most beautiful private island,,,,,just hope HAL will be there. The pics of a Carnivore Ship at HMC is something I don't want to imagine being a part of!

We agree with michmike. Unless you want to spend that kind of $$$, it simply isn't worth the expense, in our opinion.

If you are looking at the butler service mainly for the drinks, then simply purchase the unlimited drink package. It was $29 per person with the 15% added on top on our Nieuw Amsterdam cruise the last week of January. I am not sure how this would work with a cabana as we did not have one. You get a laminated card with your picture on it to show to get your drinks.

Archived