Easy/Cheap ways to earn OBC??

vickifour

We are already planning on getting the Cruise Rewards certificate to get the $100 OBC...

But was wondering of all the other ways (mostly the easy and cheap ones) to get On Board Credits??

Any advice is greatly appreciated!!

The only way I know is to find a travel agent that might be offering one or watch the promos on NCL and book when OBC are being given.

Nita

We are already planning on getting the Cruise Rewards certificate to get the $100 OBC...

But was wondering of all the other ways (mostly the easy and cheap ones) to get On Board Credits??

Any advice is greatly appreciated!!

I hint to family members that's what I want for Chrismas and my birthday and some have obliged me!!! I am a lucky lady.

I hint to family members that's what I want for Chrismas and my birthday and some have obliged me!!! I am a lucky lady.

that is an excellent idea. We draw names at Christmas and a few of the people on our upcoming family cruise did exactly that. They asked for OBC or bar set ups.

Nita

Birthday, Anniversary and Christmas Gifts from our kids are the "cheapest" way that I'm aware of! This past Christmas our son gave us enough OBC to buy spa passes for the two of us for the week, plus a massage, plus a few dinners (he's a VERY kind and generous man:D).

For our Panama Canal cruise, we're going to purchase OBC for ourselves every month - so that by the time the cruise rolls around we'll have nice OBC in addition to what we received when we booked the cruise!

every time I do a rebate that pays out in a Visa/MasterCard/Amex gift card I call up NCL and use it to buy OBC....

also if you are using Amex to pay for your cruise...

Up to $300 OBC for American Express Card Members ONLY

Offer: Receive Up to $300 onboard credit per stateroom

*On-board credit amount based on category booked: 5+ day sailings - $100 OBC on Deluxe Balconies/Mini-Suites; $300 OBC on Suites and Villas

Booking Window: 02/01/11 - 07/31/11

Applicable Destination: fleet-wide

Program Code: PGAXOC

(select sailings, I don't know which ones, and I don't know if it can be combined with anything you have but doesn't hurt to ask)

Negetive...This was only NCL and ended about 2 or 3 months ago.

bummer

The NCL credit card offer is great right now, 100 OBC for using the card (10,000 points for the first use, then one point per dollar....which will take much longer!) I signed up on the NCL main site for the mastercard

Have had the Mastercard for years.The point returns are not as good as they once were,but then again not much is these days.Just finished a cruise with $500.00 OBC from points,$150.from NCL,$100.from cruise reward program and a little extra from TA. Made for a very nice low end of cruise bill!

Love the idea of OBC as gifts too,will do that next time.

For our next cruise I'm just going to keep my Capital One rewards points all year then have them credit my account just before we leave on the cruise. With the college tuition I'll be paying using my card again this coming July I figure most of our excursions will be paid for by doing this. With the OBC I got from NCL and a future cruise credit OBC I think we'll be in pretty good shape.

Archived