Holidays on Princess?

Kissara22

I will be traveling on the Tahitian Princess during Thanksgiving. I have never spent a holiday at sea on any ship. Can anyone give me any idea of what to look forward to, if anything at all. Thanks so much :D

I will be traveling on the Tahitian Princess during Thanksgiving. I have never spent a holiday at sea on any ship. Can anyone give me any idea of what to look forward to, if anything at all. Thanks so much :D

I willbe on Golden Princess Thanksgiving. I would like to know too!!

We have spent three Thanksgivings at sea. There was always some special decoration in the Atrium, and outside of the dining room. There was a special menu. On Princess, the menu always includes turkey, and then, Pumpkin EVERYTHING!!! It's a riot! Pumpkin soup, pumpkin veggies, pumpkin dessert, and I think, a pumpkin appetiser. There are other menu selections as well, but all that pumpkin stuff is so much fun! On RCI, we didn't have so much pumpkin, but did have a nice turkey dinner. Other than that, I don't remember anything special...............no parades on tv, or anything. Another fun thing, on Princess anyway, is that they always started the Christmas decorations while we were aboard. Those were fun to see.

We were aboard RCI during Hanukkah one year, and I don't remember ANYTHING special for that. We haven't been aboard at Christmas (although I still have hopes for one day), so don't know about that.

We were on the Golden for Thanksgiving in 2001. I like the turkey. It's been served on our other Princess cruises too. On our last one (Grand in December 2003), I ordered it without gravy. Our waitress did not understand and brought me a plate with just turkey--a huge pile of it. She brought the side dishes out later when I clarified my order.

The period between Thanksgiving and Christmas is when we've taken most of our cruises. I like that we can enjoy the holiday decorations without paying the big bucks that the cruise lines charge for the Christmas and New Year's cruises. I remember seeing electric menorahs on a few ships when our cruises took place during Hannukah. There were also Hannukah services listed in the bulletins during the cruises.

We did get a last-minute deal on a Celebrity cruise this past Christmas. It was great to be onboard for the holiday, but I also missed being at home.

We were on the Tahitian Princess just this past Thanksgiving and they had a special dinner. Everything on the menu included pumpkin in some for or another. Most of it was quite good. Otherwise, they didn't do anything really special. It was a very interesting dinner though.

Archived