Crowding at Paradise Beach

rango

Does Paradise Beach become too crowded on a day when too many cruise ships are in port. 3/30 has nine different ships in port. PB sounds great from all of your posts, but will it become less so if too crowded for kids to do wall climbing, tramp. etc. I would guess that nine ships stretches the capacity of some of the usual "great spots". Depending on responses, we have researched Nachi Cocum $32.00 thing. Would hate to miss PB Tom though. What a legend!!!!!!

Thanks

Bad news...When there are nine ships in town, all the beaches are crowded. I would start at Paradise and if it's too crazy send a scout on to another beach close by. If that one is the same, I would stay at Paradise.

I know it has been asked a million times but what is the site that tells how many ships are in port with you? I'll put it on my favorites this time.

We will be at Paradise beach on March 31. Can't wait, I only have to decide whether I want a drink in a pineapple or a coconut, or maybe I should try both....

THanks.

Thanks. We have 8 ships in port the day we are in Cozumel and it looks like we are one the of the last 2 to arrive (10 am). Will I have a tough time getting a massage at Paradise Beach? Do they fill up early?

That website is absolutely wonderful! Thank you. I can understand your concern about all of the ships in port. The only salvation for us in Cozumel is that we are on the Glory and dock 90 minutes or more before other ships. The only other ship is the Star Princess which docks at 7:00 a.m. We're planning on getting to Chanakaab Park around 9:00 a.m. We were in Cozumel on a Tuesday last time and did not have 9 ships in port. Yikes! That's a lot of people!

KJHORTON,

We will also be in Cozumel on the 31st and I was wondering about the crowds too. (NCL Sun) What time does the beach open? We plan to grab a cab shortly after we arrive at 8:00..well, at least by 9:00.

Most beaches are open by 9am. Paradise is alway "open" in that you can grab a chair as early as you like. The staff arrives at 9am and opens the bar immediately. The kitchen opens at 10am.

Some days there are alot of people who want massages, other days no one seems interested... it's the luck of the draw.

We were there in Feb with 8 other ships... we were one of the first ships to arrive and got to PB a little after 10AM, there were very few people there then... it did start to fill up in the early afternoon. If you get there early, you can get a massage, however, they fill up quick... I waited and by the time I went over, there was a 3 hour wait... so get there as early as you can. Even with 8 ships in port, it really didn't seem crowded at all. I have been there when there were only a few ships in port and it was lovely, but even with 8, I would have never known it from looking at the beach... plenty of space and something for everyone!!!

Archived