Anyone on the Grand at Christmas?

calliecat

We are looking to book the Princess Grand for the 11 day cruise leaving Galveston on December 18. We have a 12 year old and he is afraid there won't be many children on this cruise. We're just waiting on the travel agent we usually use to call back and I've been cruising websites for prices. Thought this might be a different way to spend Christmas together, although I will miss Christmas eve services at our church.

[url="http://messages.cruisecritic.com/2/OpenTopic?a=frm&s=927093444&f=4763056957"]Link to the Princess Roll Call Board[/url]

The above link will whisk you to the Princess "Roll Call" Board here at cruise critic. Most likely there is already a discussion going among folks booked on the cruise in question. You should get a good feeling for the age range from those people.

• 4 months later...
We too are planning on the Grand at Christmas. We have a 12 year old daughter and a 16 year old son. As I understand it, the Grand doesn't actually go into the locks, but stops at the port and people can visit the locks on their own???? Can any explain this to me?

My wife and I are booked on the Grand as well. Does anyone know of excursions that take you through the locks? There are no descriptions, but from other cruise lines it looks like you can take a bus to the Pacific side and ride the first to locks to the lake and then take a bus back.

We want to ride the locks? Any suggestions?

Harvey

We, too are on the Grand and have prebooked the Ocean to Ocean shore excursion. There wasn't a description available but I found one in the general part of the excursion section of Princess' web site. I asked about it when I call them directly to discuss another matter and they told me it would be the same as any other Princess ship docking in Cristobal.

• 2 weeks later...
We are on the Grand at Christmas also. Two daughters 10 and 11. Wondering what to do also for Panama Canal tour. Not sure whether to try the train or a smaller boat through the locks. Any ideas? H:rolleyes:

Archived