Green apples thing ??????

midasman7

Not sure about seasickness but apples work to settle an upset stomach or if you have acid reflux. Not just green apples but almost all apples work for me. Good luck...

They do work for seasickness and you are absolutely right, any apple works. If you start to feel queezy, just eat an apple or even soda crackers.

You could probably get the ginger candy at a health food store or maybe even a bulk food store, but you'd be best to try it first if you were gonna go that way. What I tried was horrid (it was real candied ginger) - I wasn't nauseated before trying it but sure was after! I got the capsules at Walmart in the same section as Gravol.

On the route to Panama several years ago we went thru a very rough patch and for the first time in about 20 cruises I felt seasick.

I was told to have a green apple with crackers. I did it and did not seem to be of much help but must say did not feel any worse either so it might have helped somewhat.

Google Susan Snaps.

Intended to help with the nausea of cancer patients. We sent some to a cousin going through Chemo. She reported that no only did they help, but there were yummy! I would think if one tends to get seasick, it could help them too.

Ginger works great for nausea (candied ginger, ginger tea, ginger ale). I also find plain old saltines do wonders for me. Always have something in your stomach. Nausea on an empty stomach isn't pretty.

Most ginger ale on the market either doesn't have REAL ginger in it or doesn't have enough to make a difference. I'd stick with ginger capsules or candy.

Whatever you take, must be taken before your stomach gets upset. If you're stomach is already upset, then the lower opening will close tight. Anything you eat will just sit in your stomach, and not go to your intestines, until you throw it up.

If you're already seasick, it's best not to take anything at that point. It won't help, and will eventually be thrown up.

The green apples helped me, more than once, on rough sea days where I had pulled out all the sea sickness remedies I had ( bonine, patch, ginger). They may have helped but I still felt awful. Ate a green apple on the advice of waiter & cabin steward, and my nausea was much relieved.

If I'm feeling queasy, I have found eating a small amount of something not too rich will help. Having my stomach empty when there is motion - plane, auto if I'm not driving, ship - is never a good thing for me.

Archived