First time Panama Canal Cruiser, best way to see it?

Jimbo

Hi Skiiergirl,

Just saw your link about golf in Hualtaco. How far was the course? How Much? My wife and I are on a 14 day Panama crossing on Infinity. Evertyhing is planned out except I did want to get a round in somewhere Cabo? Hualtaco sounded a little different. Any ifo would be appreciated.

Thanks

Rob Harvey

Rob....Huatulco was great. The course is about 15 minutes away. They speak very little English though. We were the only people on the course. On the back 9 we saw one other person and met him in the bar afterwards. He was a local businessman who was out just playing a few holes. I had read on Huatulco chat page that there were lots of mosquitos on the course so to be sure to take bug spray. I had forgotten to take it so we weren't sure if we should play or not. Anyway, I found bug spray in the shop onboard so we bought it and went to the course. We did NOT see one single mosquito. However, we were glad we had the bug spray when we got to Acapulco because there we were even spraying the golfballs to keep the bugs off. Huatulco's course is pretty. I had read where it was recommended to get a caddy (so he could get balls out of places you wouldn't want to go). Hubby didn't think we needed one but when the guy said it was only $15 I said "come on". Now mind you hubby thought he had said $50 so at the end hubby gave him $60. He probably didn't have to work the rest of the week. lol Caddy doesn't speak much English either. "Over the Trees" was about the best English we got. We really enjoyed the day there though and will definitely play it again.

Archived