Delta Ends Mileage Expiration

paul929207

I flew w/Northwest all the time before they merged into Delta and their miles didn't expire.

Has anyone actually booked a domestic ticket using only 25k miles or an int'l ticket using 50k miles? I haven't been able to do that since '06. Perhaps I'm not flying at the right time:confused:.

Has anyone actually booked a domestic ticket using only 25k miles or an int'l ticket using 50k miles? I haven't been able to do that since '06. Perhaps I'm not flying at the right time:confused:.

Yes on the domestic (just did 3 of them recently - 2 to Alaska and 1 last-minute flight). No on international, as I don't redeem for coach across either pond. But I do see that availability out there.

The OP forgot two words when they said, "Delta ends mileage expiration"...."for now." They have gone back and forth with mileage expiration over the years and my guess is that if you give them a couple of years, they will add the mileage expiration again. But they can afford to drop it for now. They have had it for over 2 years and after the merger with NW, many people's miles have now expired. So in reality, no more "fighting" with others for award seats than in the past.

Lots of trips at the low award level. In fact, contrary to popular belief, Delta's miles are some of the most valuable for domestic awards. It just requires totally understanding Delta's award rules and being diligent. Unfortunately most people, even many of Delta's own frequent flyers, don't have a clue. And no, I won't go into further detail about what I am referring to.

Archived