Interesting passenger numbers on QM2

bazzaw

A few days ago, on another Forum Board, somebody quoted the numbers of different Nationalities on board QM2 on the leg of her current World Cruise which is between Africa and Perth, Australia. These came from a passenger on board.

There are three Nationalities making up a majority of the population

United Kingdom 473

United States 251

Australia 1515

I find these numbers amazing - and did not expect so many Aussies to be on the ship (we will be doing a short leg from Sydney to Auckland).

Is this normally the case for Cunard World Cruises??? How empty would the ship be if.....??

Barry

The head count below is from the Purser on the 1 segment of the QM2 World Cruise. Rumor had it that 1500 disembarked at CPT and 1000 Ozzies boarded at CPT for the 2nd segment toward Australia. They must have had to restock the Fosters.;)

Australia 62

Austria 4

Belgium 1

Brazil 6

Canada 168

Columbia 3

Denmark 3

France 13

Germany 75

Greece 2

Hong Kong 2

Iceland 5

Ireland 40

Italy 9

Japan 6

Korea 3

Mexico 2

Netherlands 17

New Zealand 10

Poland 3

Portugal 1

Russian Federation 4

South Africa 100

Spain 7

Sweden 3

Switzerland 19

United Kingdom 1316

United States 582

Venezuela 1

Total 2470

If I had to put money on it, I'd say the voyage with the highest % of Australian's onboard is going to be the circumnavigation around Australia during the 2012 World Cruise of the QM2.

I don't know about huge quantities of Fosters beer being consumed - after all it's not the 80's anymore.

Talking about beer. We have just finished a World circumnavigation over the past 3 months on Oriana and Arcadia. I enjoyed the British Ales onboard those ships. Does anybody know what beers are stocked on QM2?

Barry

Stevo

Nah - I am afraid to say that is where we would have to disagree. I prefer ales to lagers - and most commercial Aussie beers are lagers. A bit tasteless to me. Yesterday, I had a fantastic Rauchbier. It had been inadvertantly put into the fridge for too long - so we had to wait just a short while for it to warm up from refrigerated temperature to enjoy it's beautiful smoky flavor and aroma.

You might enjoy this poster from Wychewood Brewery for their Hobgoblin Ale.

What's the matter lagerboy - afraid you might taste something?? :D

Barry

Talking about beer. We have just finished a World circumnavigation over the past 3 months on Oriana and Arcadia. I enjoyed the British Ales onboard those ships. Does anybody know what beers are stocked on QM2?

They have Boddingtons on tap in the pub. I enjoyed a few bottles of Spitfire -- it's not imported to North America, so it was a bit of a novelty for me.

pb82 has a full range of QM2 bar lists on his photobucket site (there is a link on his profile) and there was a recent thread about beer on QM2 here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1296667

Believe it or not!! :eek::eek: but Fosters is quite popular in the UK and Fosters beer is on all the P&O ships. They had mountains of it on display for "Australia Day" on Arcadia last month. The only ones not drinking it were the Aussies!

Barry

Archived