Need help w/Roatan

LouL

We're leaving on a quick Century cruise next week, Feb. 28th and

are visiting Roatan for the first time. I've read that there are 2 docks..which one does X use?

Also heard there are fabulous lobster lunches? Where? We'd maybe

just like to go to a nice beach and then have lunch.

I've heard Roatan is more primitive than other Caribbean islands and

am just wondering what to expect.

There are two docks in Roatan. The original known as Coxen Hole is pretty "rough"; and a completely new facility at Mahogoney Bay, featuring a man made beach and bar complex etc.

Unfortunately the new facility was created by Carnival for its ships and subsidiaries and thus not available to Celebrity ships (as subsidiaries of RCCL).

Just back from Roatan less than a month ago. There is tons of info for you if you go to the Caribbean ports of call board. (See opening CC page or forums)

X uses Coxen Hole. About 20 min to West Bay if you're looking for a VERY nice beach. Or you will find island tours which you can tailor to your needs.

Primitive? Head to West Bay, buy a day pass at Infinity Bay resort and you won't feel "primitive" as you sip a drink in their beautiful infinity pool along the beach. LOTS of great places for lunch along the one mile West Bay Beach. Check out the posts on the forum I mentioned. I have a link to their website.

Archived