Lawn Club on Solstice - What is it?

Clarkk W Griswald

The Lawn Club is one of our favorite spots on the Solstice class ships! Glass Blowing demonstrations by the Corning Museum of Glass, Bocce Ball, Croquet, Lawn games, putting (although grass is really too high for good putting), picnics on the lawn, lots of people sunbathing on the lawn, great oversize chairs to read a book and take a nap. Just taking off your shoes and feeling the grass between your toes in the middle of the ocean is pretty cool. The Lawn Club encompasses over half an acre of live grass, so quite a large area.

The Lawn Club is one of our favorite spots on the Solstice class ships! Glass Blowing demonstrations by the Corning Museum of Glass, Bocce Ball, Croquet, Lawn games, putting (although grass is really too high for good putting), picnics on the lawn, lots of people sunbathing on the lawn, great oversize chairs to read a book and take a nap. Just taking off your shoes and feeling the grass between your toes in the middle of the ocean is pretty cool.

We love the grass in the middle of the ocean. Last week on Solstice one night they had a concert out on the lawn, they put pillows down, served wine, perfect night.

The Lawn Club is one of our favorite spots on the Solstice class ships! Glass Blowing demonstrations by the Corning Museum of Glass, Bocce Ball, Croquet, Lawn games, putting (although grass is really too high for good putting), picnics on the lawn, lots of people sunbathing on the lawn, great oversize chairs to read a book and take a nap. Just taking off your shoes and feeling the grass between your toes in the middle of the ocean is pretty cool. The Lawn Club encompasses over half an acre of live grass, so quite a large area.

There is also a bar, all the way aft, with barstools, tables and chairs and the buffet is just below so you can bring your lunch up if you like.

Is this class specific or can anyone go there?

Anyone can go there. It is a lovely spot. They also have nice size

wicker chairs with cushions that are very comfy. I have seen many

folks sipping a drink while reading a book...some of us still read real

books..yes, paperbacks and even some hardcovers too:D

It is one of my favorite features of S-Class ships. My wife and I attended Hot Glass shows daily and I also competed in many of the activities the staff held up there, i.e. Lawn Olympics, putting contest, Senior Officer vs. guest bocce ball tourney etc. Also enjoyed a couple of drinks up there and watching a couple sunsets.

There is also a bar, all the way aft, with barstools, tables and chairs and the buffet is just below so you can bring your lunch up if you like.

Oh Meg I hope you don't mean that the way I read it ;)

I thought the food quality was sufficiently good that you wouldn't need to bring your lunch up :D

Oh Meg I hope you don't mean that the way I read it ;)

I thought the food quality was sufficiently good that you wouldn't need to bring your lunch up :D

LOL, no, I didn't mean it THAT way! And actually, I think they are going to add a dining option to the Lawn Club for Silhouette and Reflection, although I don't remember if it's going to be a 'dinner only' venue or open for lunch as well. In the meantime, it is very convenient to CARRY your PLATE (LOL) from the buffet out the back doors and up the steps to the lawn club bar area (or lawn area) to eat. :D

Archived