The most shocking thing....??

pbmsmile

The most shocking (memorable) thing I saw on my last cruise was......

That one is easy for me... a drunk man of about 80 with leather skin from over tanning...wearing a bright red speedo ( it only covered portions of his anatomy;) ) dancing on the Lido with his loving wife at 8:00am! It was both yucky and amazingly sweet at the same time...you couldn't help but smile at the love between them...

Once on CCL Fantasy out of Mobile, there was a group of young ladies, early-ish 20s. For unknown reasons a few in the group kept shouting outloud, like WooHoa throughout the trip. We had this group next to us at muster. Though the one beautie didn't look drunk, she was loud. My Dh said she had to have been drinking. She was taking endless pics of everything and shouting the whole time. I didn't bother me, was amusing. I ended up standing right next to her. SHe kept shouting, Hey missy, I see you. or smg like that. The object of her gaze didn't acknowledge her, so I think her companion was embarrassed.

I started pointing out things for her to snap a pic at and she did. I was tempted to ask her if she wanted me to take a pic of her and then pretend to dump her camera overboard, but I didn't.

All around us, kept enduring. The crew must see this sort of thing every now and then. It was amusing to me.

All throughout the 4day cruise, she and her friends were always shouting, like a fog horn. While waiting for the elevator, in the elevators, walking whereever they went. Whoo Hoooo. In the glass elevator, her "friends" kept lifting up her skirt to expose her fanny. She didn't seem to care at all. Watching the elevator go up and seeing the skirt thing was funny, but I didn't smile. I just wondered if that was a group of the 'crazies" I see mentioned on some threads. I dunno.

Never saw that sort of thing before or after this crew. I didn't have to spend too much time around them at all, so what did I care. No one else seemed to notice either. LOL.

Well, off break now and back to work-to-cruise.

A woman wearing a bikini on the lido deck. She looked fabulous. Beautiful face, the prettiest smile I have ever seen, beautiful body except for the tattoo of the word "Blessed" across her boobs. :rolleyes:

haha...at least she was aware of her "blessings" :)

I believe it was when we were on the Liberty. We were walking down the long hallway to our room to place our luggage outside our room as it was our last night on the ship. We noticed several large black garbage bags outside one of the cabins. We thought that would be odd for the room steward to leave trash. Well, to our surprise it was their luggage.:eek: It had masking tape on the bags with their names, address and phone numbers on them. Hmmmm......i about wet my pants and laughed all the way to my room.

I believe it was when we were on the Liberty. We were walking down the long hallway to our room to place our luggage outside our room as it was our last night on the ship. We noticed several large black garbage bags outside one of the cabins. We thought that would be odd for the room steward to leave trash. Well, to our surprise it was their luggage.:eek: It had masking tape on the bags with their names, address and phone numbers on them. Hmmmm......i about wet my pants and laughed all the way to my room.

LOL.....there's sooooo much I WANT to say about that one but don't want to get flamed, so I'll stay politically correct and just LOL. ;)

(Just sayin.....Jeff Foxworthy has a lot of sayings for cruisers like this)

• Haha 1

The couple next to us< at the chefs table, ended up drunk and got into a fight knocking each other down, the dh had to drag her off. We saw them several times during the course of the cruise and I felt embarassed and sad for them, every time they saw us they would look away.

Our favorite was on our Sensation cruise a couple years ago. A few guests started a friendly dice game in the hallway near their rooms, which happened to be the hallway adjacent to the elevator. Within an hour, you would have thought the World Series of Dice was going on in the elevator lobby on Empress Deck. The hooting and hollering was ridiculous, but everyone was enjoying themselves. I was expecting Ashy Larry to show up at any moment.

I share my moment with most of the Saints and Sinners group which was on the Destiny B2B a couple of years ago. We were on the Lido Deck and saw a 6' 5" tranvestite in a stars and stripes bikini coming down the spiral stairs adjusting his "package". That visual is burned in our retinas forever. :eek:

In Cozumel we were walking on the pier getting back on our ship. Ahead of us was an older man (at least mid 70's) that was so drunk he was weaving all over the place. We watched as he went right into the water off the pier. Our ship "Conquest" and another ship (I think a RCCL) were parked there and all the staff from both ships started yelling "man overboard". We watched them fish him out of the water and he weaved his way onboard the other ship. I bet he did not make it to the MDR that night.

When on the Pride earlier this month, my friend and I were at the roulette wheel, when there was a sudden comotion right behind us. Someone was laying on the floor - we thought it must have been some type of medical emergency. The guy next to us was really quick to try and help her up. Nope, not a medical emergency. She was drunk. Couldn't have been less than 80 years young. The guy told us he realized it wasn't a medical situation when as he was helping her off the floor, she tried to kiss him.

In Cozumel we were walking on the pier getting back on our ship. Ahead of us was an older man (at least mid 70's) that was so drunk he was weaving all over the place. We watched as he went right into the water off the pier. Our ship "Conquest" and another ship (I think a RCCL) were parked there and all the staff from both ships started yelling "man overboard". We watched them fish him out of the water and he weaved his way onboard the other ship. I bet he did not make it to the MDR that night.

That made me laugh and think of my husband. I can see him doing something like this.

"The most shocking (memorable) thing I saw on my last cruise was......" My cabin stewards being sea sick on the last sea day and night. I don't think many were not on that cruise. It was the first cruise for my poor asst. steward and I got the impression that she was second guessing her decision to work on a cruise ship.

I would say our sail and sign bill, but for a real story, it would be this one..

DS was getting a little fussy in the MDR while we were waiting for our dinner (he was 9 months old at the time), and so I decided to take him out of the MDR and walk with him for a little until the food was at the table. So I was walking with him near the enterance of the MDR, where I could hear a couple by the staircase yelling at each other. Me being nosey, I overheard their conversation & turns out the man cheated on the woman two days into the cruise with someone, and she wanted him out of the cabin. I always wondered what happened to their situation considering the ship was full with no available cabins.

There was this woman maybe 26 or so at a table behind us in the dining room and my then 10 yo daughter would call her Barbie.

She had platinum blonde hair and wore hot pink lipstick.

It was so odd because during dinner every night she would leave the table and come back in a different outfit. Every night without fail. My DD was so intrigued by this. She would get so giddy when the woman would get up, anxious to see what she would return dressed in.

Maybe she just spilled a lot. :D

As the week went on whenever my daughter would see her she would say " there's Barbie".