The most shocking thing....??

pbmsmile

I share my moment with most of the Saints and Sinners group which was on the Destiny B2B a couple of years ago. We were on the Lido Deck and saw a 6' 5" tranvestite in a stars and stripes bikini coming down the spiral stairs adjusting his "package". That visual is burned in our retinas forever. :eek:

I think Paulie got a pic of that...It was to say at the least, shocking...:eek:

Hmm.. have been a few. I have to go with a lady on the pride that had one breast out of the side of her swimsuit top and the othe pointed up the center of the top sitting on a lounge chair reading a book. It was one of those moments that you walk by and then it registers in your brain so you have to go back and take another look. Sorry I did. I'm still haunted by it 3 years later!!

This one made me laugh out loud! Especially the part where you had to go back and take a second look! LOL

One our first (and very romantic) cruise together my GF/Sig Other take the Carnival Legend for a weeks cruise out of Maimi. I call her "Goober" or "Doober," well, just because that's her.

Goober is easily evoked into the ships festivities and sure enough she gets chosen to be in the shipboard games. She makes it all the way to the final game where you have to swim the pool and collect fruit. Seemed like half the cruise boat was crowding the pool and at her turn all she had to do was grab a Pineapple to win the game. I was coaching her from the above balcony, "just grab the Pineapple!" but couldn't be heard over the crowds. She proceeded to stuff all manner of fruit into her suit when "POP" out came a juggy. 3 young boys sitting poolside started pointing and yelling, "boob, boob, boob!" The roar was deafening. Although I was clicking pictures I totally missed archiving the error. As well, the daily cruise video showed her playing the games, and it was carefully edited.

My 13 y/o's eyes were popping out of his head! We were on the Miracle and a well endowed lady in a black thong bikini was chosen for this event. Now where was she going to put any fruit in that scrap of material? Sure enough the boobs popped out but she just kept on grabbing more fruit! The CD was yelling something about it being a family cruise line. The place was screaming in laughter! She didn't win...

We were sitting at Carlos and Charlies in Cozumel and this older lady at the next table said to her husband "there sure are a lot of Mexicans working here"

Hysterical!

Another time (I forget which port) a very drunk guy was trying to get on the wrong boat, it was funny watching them try and get thru to the guy that he was in the wrong place.:D

I like to see the crew's faces as I reboard and say "This is (the other ship docked in port) isn't it?

So it's ok to take pictures of strangers because they are minding their own business? These people weren't bothering anyone but this girl had to take a picture to show the folks back home? A little understanding of other customs and cultures goes a long way.

When I was on the Legend in February, there was a man about 40ish who was drunk. He was sitting on the pool ledge or at least trying to, when he vomited and then passed out, sitting up. There was a group of people pointing, laughing and taking their picture with him. I really felt sorry for him. It was sad. Talking to some other people I found out that the man was supposed to be going to AA while on board. They ended up taking him back to his room in a wheelchair. The people taking his picture most likely didn't know his problem, but it doesn't make it ok to ridicule him. What goes around comes around.

Just like you said, what goes around comes around. People will be people. There will always be rude people, there will always be people who look down their noses and judge others and there will always be those people who try to see the silver lining in every situation and act in kindness. There's not really anything to do but try to be a positive influence and spread a smile and some love.

I was so upset. Newly emptied camera card before getting on the cruise, and I had at least 600 pics.

600 lost photos....ouch !

It amazes me just how many photos one can fit on tiny card. 4GB card can produce over 700 pictures set on high. I'll never buy film again !

• 2 years later...

Well this did not happen to me but a friend of mine just got off the Magic and her next door neighbor decided to use the hallway right outside my friends door to breastfeed, just about the time her and her husband were returning from dinner each night. Nothing covering her...and she was breastfeeding what appeared to be a 3-4 year old! Now I have nothing against breastfeeding so don't flame me people...but it does seem a little funny to do it in the hallway to a pre-school age child... :confused:

I believe it was when we were on the Liberty. We were walking down the long hallway to our room to place our luggage outside our room as it was our last night on the ship. We noticed several large black garbage bags outside one of the cabins. We thought that would be odd for the room steward to leave trash. Well, to our surprise it was their luggage.:eek: It had masking tape on the bags with their names, address and phone numbers on them. Hmmmm......i about wet my pants and laughed all the way to my room.

I did see some people in line at embarkation carrying their clothing draped across their arms still on hangers.

Like they had just pulled it from the closet at the last minute.

I told DH that I would at least have shoved my stuff in a big Walmart bag or something.

I share my moment with most of the Saints and Sinners group which was on the Destiny B2B a couple of years ago. We were on the Lido Deck and saw a 6' 5" tranvestite in a stars and stripes bikini coming down the spiral stairs adjusting his "package". That visual is burned in our retinas forever. :eek:

You should have been the ones suing Carnival for $5000 a month!

A 6'5" man, wearing a dress, and boa! Turned out to be a big group of cross dressers aboard, and they all turned out to be a HOOT to sail with, but that first encounter was a bit shocking,,,to say the least. :eek:

"SKY"

On the Dream in 2012 my wife and I were on deck 5 with the hot tubs along the edge of the ship just lounging when we here a lot of noise coming from one of the balconies 2 floors above us. I look and some one is joining the balcony club. Luckily for us it didn't last too long.