The most shocking thing....??

pbmsmile

While walking along the clothing optional section of Orient Beach(St. Maarten), a naked man around the age of 80, was sitting in the sand alone where the water from the beach rolls up. The funny part was, he was wearing fins, a snorkel and a mask. I still have that image etched in my brain.

Now you've shared that image. Thanks (not) LOL

Maybe he was just remembering the more glorious moments he'd spent on beaches when he was a young and virile youth!

Isn't it too bad we don't age in reverse so we can appreciate what we used to have more?

If you are looking for the out of the ordinary you may be shocked at what you observe!! I remember a time when it was a sea day and the country of choice ON THE BUFFET was Jamaica. There was a small family in front of me just going on and on about how amazing this jerk chicken was on their last cruise...my mouth was starting to water in anticipation for a piece. However, when they got to the almost completely full pan they just reached in and TOOK THE ENTIRE PAN OUT OF THE WARMER!! And off they went....crazy- they must REALLY LOVE THAT JERK!!

Edited by pbmsmile

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
I don't have a funny moment to recall but it's obvious from all these statements that there are ALL KINDS on cruises. Seems like as much as these cruises cost (we're going on a 7 day one), it would sort of narrow down the passengers to those with at least some money and class. However, I do realize they don't always go hand and hand unfortunately. :rolleyes:

The trashy people need to have a cruise all for themselves. Just sayin...

You must be very special (0;

Edited by kitten1968

Just because this post in on the Carnival page don't be fooled into thinking that this only happens on Carnival...every cruise page has a similar posting. But please don't cruise with Carnival if you are too fancy for fun :p

Sent from my SM-N900R4 using Forums mobile app

Edited by pbmsmile

• 1 year later...
Last year i stopped by a beach on the french side of St Martain and there were a couple of naked old people tanning on the beach with all their family jewels flopping around and my DIL ran up between them and got her picture taken....they were NOT happy!! Why is it that you only see old people naked on these beaches....:rolleyes:

I am more shocked at your DIL behavior. Pretty rude.

• Thanks 1

On my only cruise so far on X , as it was a sea day we headed for the pool. I asked family to join me for swim and spa, all said no and told me I was crazy going in spa too many germs, I laughed and said your germ a phobs!

I got in was chatting with a nice fella from ny, an older gentleman heard us and jumped in interrupting our conversation as he was also from ny. He immediately told us how much he is worth and how much he just spent on buying his ny apartment ... Crass. Even worse while talking he blew his nose straight into his hand and then washed it into the spa! [emoji33]

I immediately jumped up said money and class aren't related and went and told the family they were all correct, I won't be able to sit in a spa again

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums mobile app

We were on a South America cruise on The Splendor. I had gone to the Deli for a sandwich and an older man passed out right in front of me. His face was dark purple! The medical team was called and they took him off on a stretcher. I found out later that he had died. On the same cruise a man fell in the shower and broke his hip so he was taken off the ship along with his family and all their luggage. The " ambulance" was a pick-up truck and he was just loaded into the bed for his ride to the hospital. This was in Fortaleza , Brazil.

Last year i stopped by a beach on the french side of St Martain and there were a couple of naked old people tanning on the beach with all their family jewels flopping around and my DIL ran up between them and got her picture taken....they were NOT happy!! Why is it that you only see old people naked on these beaches....:rolleyes:
Talking about disgusting behavior. Your DIL actually invaded their personal space to take a picture of them, so she can make fun of them and I'm sure show the picture to her friends....that is pathetic.
  • Thanks 1

We had a rescue at sea on a recent cruise. A disturbed young man jumped overboard. Fortunately for him and his family, the captain and crew were able to save him--launching a rescue boat. It was interesting to see the life buoys floating in the water with their beacon lights blinking.

On a different cruise, they lowered a rescue boat to check out an abandoned sailboat. They carefully circled the boat, looking for any signs of life on it, before boarding it. They eventually came back to the ship and reported the craft to the Coast Guard, according to what we heard from someone who had spoken with an officer.

Talking about disgusting behavior. Your DIL actually invaded their personal space to take a picture of them, so she can make fun of them and I'm sure show the picture to her friends....that is pathetic.

Very rude, the camera person should always ask permission.

• Thanks 1

Why do so many of these stories seem to happen on Carnival ships?

I work at a theme park, and some of the stuff people do just blows your mind. One of my favorites was a guy that came into our park, laid down against a wall (in the shade) that was part of a gift shop, complete with those neck pillows you take on airplanes for sleeping, took off his shoes, and went to sleep. My co-worker and I didn't see him until after he fell asleep. We thought perhaps he was waiting for his family to come out of a ride, but after a couple of hours, he was still there. A short while later, he showed up in our outdoor queue area, and we made him leave. My question is, why would pay all that money to go to a theme park if you are just going to nap all day? Stay back at your hotel.

I work at a theme park, and some of the stuff people do just blows your mind. One of my favorites was a guy that came into our park, laid down against a wall (in the shade) that was part of a gift shop, complete with those neck pillows you take on airplanes for sleeping, took off his shoes, and went to sleep. My co-worker and I didn't see him until after he fell asleep. We thought perhaps he was waiting for his family to come out of a ride, but after a couple of hours, he was still there. A short while later, he showed up in our outdoor queue area, and we made him leave. My question is, why would pay all that money to go to a theme park if you are just going to nap all day? Stay back at your hotel.

Perhaps he dropped the kids and was just waiting.:confused:

Just a guess but I would believe it is in part related to the number of passengers carried by the cruise line.

At the end of 2015 Carnival was a close 2nd in total capactiy behind Royal Caribbean (62,368 vs.68,478). However Carnival has more 3, 4, and 5 night cruises sailing the Caribbean. Consequently more passengers carried during the year.

Shorter cruises are often called "Booze Cruises" for a reason. Alcohol has been known to lower inhibitions is some people (not me certainly:rolleyes:). Hence the common heard phrase "Hold my beer and watch this!"

Charlie

Just a guess but I would believe it is in part related to the number of passengers carried by the cruise line.

At the end of 2015 Carnival was a close 2nd in total capactiy behind Royal Caribbean (62,368 vs.68,478). However Carnival has more 3, 4, and 5 night cruises sailing the Caribbean. Consequently more passengers carried during the year.

Shorter cruises are often called "Booze Cruises" for a reason. Alcohol has been known to lower inhibitions is some people (not me certainly:rolleyes:). Hence the common heard phrase "Hold my beer and watch this!"

Charlie

Sound reasoning, definitely a strong correlation if not causality.

I don't have a funny moment to recall but it's obvious from all these statements that there are ALL KINDS on cruises. Seems like as much as these cruises cost (we're going on a 7 day one), it would sort of narrow down the passengers to those with at least some money and class. However, I do realize they don't always go hand and hand unfortunately. :rolleyes:

The trashy people need to have a cruise all for themselves. Just sayin...

That's all, only 7 days. Seems like the so called longer cruises don't weed out the jerks either. Maybe the jerks should have a cruise all to themselves. :eek:

That's all, only 7 days. Seems like the so called longer cruises don't weed out the jerks either. Maybe the jerks should have a cruise all to themselves. :eek:

That begs the question; If you find yourself on a cruise with a whole bunch of jerks are you already on one?;)

Edited by DirtyDawg

My wife and I are no prudes - we frequent the our local clothing optional beach and go to c/o resorts. BUT, on one cruise about 6 or 7 years ago, this mother was changing her daughter - taking off her swimsuit - the girls looked to be about 11 or 12 years old. No hiding her behind a towel - just right there in the middle of the Lido deck.