Marco Pierre Whites on Oceana

chockhead

You can book Cafe Jardin when you get on board, either by phone or by visiting the restaurant.

The only thing I would say is that although we love Oceana, and also Cafe Jardin, it's not a 'self contained' select dining venue like on the other ships.

They do put ropes across the entrance at night, and there is a sign asking people not to use it as a 'walk through', but you alway get the odd ones who take no notice whatsoever, wander through, and I've even seen them stop and look at the salad/sweets on show, and even saw someone take a sweet on on occasion :-0

When you book, I'd say it's for a special occasion. If you don't mind the odd 'walk through' ask for a table next to the rail. It's quite nice to 'people watch'.

Whatever you decide, I hope you have a wonderful cruise, and a very happy anniversary.

Louise

If you book asap after embarkation lunch you will get the night of your anniversary and a table for two. If you are on a large table in the main dining room its nice to have a romantic table for 2 on your anniversary in a themed restaurant. We started cruising on our 25th Anniversary and ate in The Orchid on Arcadia for ours we have eaten in Oceanas MPW restaurant and yes it is a bit open - the tables are around a deck of the atrium and behind on a deck, but it is very nice. I had a belly of Pork with crackling straws and a jus with butterbeans; photo here

p9020211.jpg

To make your anniversary cruise really special why not book a deluxe occasion package as well which gives you lovely extras including flowers, champagne and chocs on arrival, a champagne breakfast on your anniversary morning, a professional photo and 2 spa vouchers?

Also you can have lovely breakfast and lunches in the Cafe Jardin, they tend to be quieter and the ambiance is more relaxed and are free with no supplement, very nice to try on a sea day.

Archived