Elite Lounge Hours - possible change

Lsimon

But it does not benefit both seatings! We only get 1 hour!

Oh, what a pity. :D Change to late seating or select seating then you can have your cake and eat it too.

I need something to complain about concerning the Elite benefits that were so graciously bestowed upon us, but I can't seem to think of anything. :eek:

If Celebrity has 2 evening shows for early and late seating, can they accommodate two parties of Elite Members for both seating but at different time as well?

And honestly, I'd rather prefer one "free" glass of wine at my dinner than unlimited "free" alcohol 2 hours before dinner on empty stomach. :rolleyes:

Eileen and Jay: you mentioned that midway through the cruise on your TA, Elite members with a certain amount of tier credits had cocktails in Michael's Club. What was the amount of credits?

The 5-7 would be OK with us, as usually we did not get to the Elite cocktail hour before 5 anyway.

On our TA on the Equinox last fall Elite with 20 or more cruise credits were in Michaels Club. It certainly helped with the crowding. Also it gave us an idea that if they have another tier in Captain's Club that's where it may be.

I know that I am pouting and whining:o but I adjust my schedule to try and make the allotted time frame. Late diners could also switch to early or Select:D I just think changing it to 4 - 7 would make everybody happy:)

Just because you are invited to join in between 4-6 or 5-7 doesn't mean you have to park yourself there for the duration. Maybe Celebrity will start giving coupons to limit the number of drinks people feel they are "entitled" to within a certain timeframe. As late diners 5-7 would be perfect for us to get our complimentary Diet Cokes.

Having late seating, that works OK for us.:rolleyes: Our seating for the Mediterranean is actually 8:45, so we would like to see the evening lounge hour extended a bit more so we have time to relax, dress (since we cannot go dressed casually) and then have a drink before heading to dinner. This way though, we can at least stop by around 6:45 and have a quick drink and then head for another venue for drinks and entertainment at 7:00 At least we have a slight window of opportunity to go to the lounge and enjoy Elite status. ;)

Christine Frances;28131755]I don't like that at all:eek: We have early seating so we don't get the full benefit. (1 hr) The people who dine late have 2 hrs!! What's with that!! We had a wonderful time on the Millie where both dining times were accommodated each night. Not happy:(

LOL... Glad you enjoy your time in the lounge. I have never known anyone to stay in the lounge the entire time it is open for drinks. :D Most passengers come and go throughout the alloted time. I would think that an hour would be plenty of time to relax with other passengers and enjoy a drink. I believe that's what was intended when the loyalty lounges were formed. ;)

I know that I am pouting and whining:o but I adjust my schedule to try and make the allotted time frame. Late diners could also switch to early or Select:D I just think changing it to 4 - 7 would make everybody happy:)

Dining times have not changed on Cekebrity and for people who are elite should not have to switch anything!

5-7 accommodate both dining times much better and fairly !!!

Another vote for 5 - 7. Four cruises since they implemented this benefit and I have never used it. Would love to hear if this change has been implemented on any other ship. Making a simple change like this piecemeal is not the right approach, in my opinion - just roll it out. Thanks for the report.

no o ne said you had to dress for dinner at an ytime. only no shorts or flip flop shoes.. i want 4 times in 14 days and thru on a cheap dress and wernt. at 6 i went walking or to the spa. then i dressed for dinner.

5 to 7 is better but neither changes my life style.. dinner is at 830 for me and i do not dress before 730 or 8 if i want to go to the martini bar.

I understand that having the lounge open until 7 is much better for late diners but again, wouldn't 4 - 7 be more equitable to both seatings? In all "fairness" I think that is the option we should promote.

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth! I think it wonderful that Celebrity has added the benefit of a 2 hour open bar, regardless of the timing. While it would be nice if they were to extend it an hour I doubt if they will absorb the extra cost.

Personally, we use the time more for a little late afternoon socializing and rarely have much to drink there. I'd prefer to wait for the martini bar and wine with dinner for that.

I understand that having the lounge open until 7 is much better for late diners but again, wouldn't 4 - 7 be more equitable to both seatings? In all "fairness" I think that is the option we should promote.

I don't think they want to keep it open for 3 hrs. on our Mercury cruise in November we had a lot of Elites and many commented how long will they keep doing this they are losing lots of money from the other bars. Consensus was they would raise the number of cruises to be Elite or start another level.

I don't think they want to keep it open for 3 hrs. on our Mercury cruise in November we had a lot of Elites and many commented how long will they keep doing this they are losing lots of money from the other bars. Consensus was they would raise the number of cruises to be Elite or start another level.

Why is 3 hours such a big deal? Royal Caribbean keeps their Diamond event open for 3+ hours (typically from 5pm - 8:30pm). That gives both early and late diners an opportunity to enjoy the event. Any change in the time frame would be a benefit for us.

Additionally, a previous poster suggested changing the dress code for the event. This would make it much more feasible for those later diners who don't want to dress for dinner in the middle of the afternoon.

We will be taking our first Celebrity cruise in May; however, we will have Elite status because we are Diamond on RCCL. What is the expected "dress code" to attend these cocktail gatherings? :)

The requested attire is smart casual and above. Here is Celebrity's definition of smart casual and above from their FAQ section on their website:

Evenings aboard Celebrity include two types of dress: "Smart Casual and Above" and "Formal."

Examples of "Smart Casual and Above" attire include:

Ladies: Skirt or pants (no holes, rips or tears) complemented by sweater or blouse.

Gentlemen: Pants (no holes, rips or tears) with sports shirt or sweater. Shirts must have sleeves.

Enjoy your cruise!

Just new to Elite last cruise and this is a great perk but the time 4-6 was much too early. 4 would be fine if it was geared to casual poolside drinks but 5-7 is :) better and 5-8 more so for getting you in the mood for the evening festivities and dinner in a relaxed convivial manner, with the added benefit that it is not costing you a penny. Now that is something to be said nowadays. We do select dining so 5-7 gets my vote.

Archived