San Juan Car Rental Close to Carnival Pier #4

Beachgrit

Does anyone know of a car rental company that will allow us to rent at the San Juan airport and return close to the Carnival Pier? Hopefully within walking distance to pier.:)

I know Hertz will allow you to return cars to the Sheraton Old San Juan across from pier. Does anyone know of any others?

Also, what about rental discounts other than AAA or American Express?

Thanks!!!

We are doing the same thing in April on the Caribbean Princess. friends of ours that are familiar with the area hooked us up with Charlie Car Rentals they have a great, easy to navigate web site. Enjoy your cruise.

San Juan Car Rental Close to Carnival Pier #4

Does anyone know of a car rental company that will allow us to rent at the San Juan airport and return close to the Carnival Pier? Hopefully within walking distance to pier.:)

I know Hertz will allow you to return cars to the Sheraton Old San Juan across from pier. Does anyone know of any others?

Thanks!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi BeachGrit! Sorry about the late post to this thread, but I was just searching for the same thing myself. I see you are leaving soon(!) What did you end up deciding? I looked at the Hertz site and thought the extra money for returning at a different location might be worth it to avoid the hassle of going back to SJU. Is the Sheraton the closest rental place to the pier? I assumed it was either there or the Marriot.

Hi BeachGrit! Sorry about the late post to this thread, but I was just searching for the same thing myself. I see you are leaving soon(!) What did you end up deciding? I looked at the Hertz site and thought the extra money for returning at a different location might be worth it to avoid the hassle of going back to SJU. Is the Sheraton the closest rental place to the pier? I assumed it was either there or the Marriot.

We ended up reserving with Charlies based on quite a few recommendations from the boards and great reviews of the company.

We are picking up from their airport site (shuttle to their very close by site) and returning to their Condado site.

From the Condado site, they will shuttle you to the pier.

We are returning our car on a Sunday and they said to have the car returned to the Condado office by 4pm to catch the last shuttle to the pier. This way they are doing the driving to the pier area, which I was advised was a madhouse on cruise sailing days.

When I called them they were very, very helpful!

Enjoy your trip too! I guess it's time for us to start packing! :eek:

Bajadrifter - Thanks for the post and well wishes! I'm sorry I'm just now seeing it and replying.

Based on quite a few recommendations, we too are renting from Charlies.

Enjy your trip and maybe we will cross paths in April. :)

Thanks!!!

hertz have an office at the san juan sheraton just cross from #4 pier..

Archived