Room category codes

jennim

Is there an easy way to figure out the room category codes?? I'm traveling with multiple people (10 rooms in all) all of these rooms are on the same floor in the same general area. Is there a chart or something for easy reference? Some people are on aft balcony, some have interior rooms, some are on side balcony etc... I have figured out most of the codes but two of these rooms are side by side so you would think they would have the same code but one has 2 people in it one has 3 when I look to compare, the codes change. (both of these rooms aft balcony one is listing as 8N the other as 8D) any ideas:confused:

With all the cruises we have been on, I still can't figure it out either! :p When people post about categories of cabins they are or are thinking of booking it's like trying to read Chinese! :(:o I'm sure one of the experts will chime in eventually!

well, certainly no claims here to be an expert, but I like using Cruise Deck Plans website - when you put your curser over the cabin on the deckplan, it tells you what category that cabin is, which is easier for me than trying to match up the color codes, though the different colors do help in seeing where the categories change.

Dream:

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Main/decks.php?ship=Carnival+Dream

I don't know if that specifically addresses your question, but I like that website.

Is there an easy way to figure out the room category codes?? I'm traveling with multiple people (10 rooms in all) all of these rooms are on the same floor in the same general area. Is there a chart or something for easy reference? Some people are on aft balcony, some have interior rooms, some are on side balcony etc... I have figured out most of the codes but two of these rooms are side by side so you would think they would have the same code but one has 2 people in it one has 3 when I look to compare, the codes change. (both of these rooms aft balcony one is listing as 8N the other as 8D) any ideas:confused:

.....and look up the deck plans for the ship, search for the cabin number and all the rooms are color coded as to what category they are in.

I don't understand about the 8D being next to an 8N. Usually, next to the 8N's are 9A's or VS suites.

wasiii

.....and look up the deck plans for the ship, search for the cabin number and all the rooms are color coded as to what category they are in.

I don't understand about the 8D being next to an 8N. Usually, next to the 8N's are 9A's or VS suites.

wasiii

Vista Deck aft on Dream (maybe Magic as well) is different.

I have had a problem with Carnival's website not showing me most deckplans for over two weeks.

I use the cruisedeckplans website all the time also. My confusion is what is the difference between, say, 8A, 8B, 8C, etc?

8A is the bottom deck of balconys, fore and aft. 8B is the mid deck of the bottom deck of balconies, and then fore and aft on the next deck up of balconys, 8C the same way...for regular balconys.

There are some that are special and not in the 8A, 8B way of pricing.

8A is the bottom deck of balconys, fore and aft. 8B is the mid deck of the bottom deck of balconies, and then fore and aft on the next deck up of balconys, 8C the same way...for regular balconys.

There are some that are special and not in the 8A, 8B way of pricing.

probably what deck its on, or if its aft, mid, or forward.

I tried to explain it above. See explanation.

thanks to all who responded... I am sailing on Dream on November 19th. I did checked the color chart for my floor for the code before checking with the "experts" just in case I was missing something. I still can't figure out why when I check to see if was qualifying for any 72 hr sales one of my rooms which is supposed to be according to the "chart" is 8N, Shows up as 8D. Our Carnival rep says it is 8N. 8D would save me $100, go figure, thanks again for all you advice...

which chart?? It could be its changed if you are looking on a TA site or other..carnival has upped the prices by subdividing. That being said, I have trouble getting the deck plans to come up on carnival.com

If she says its a 8N, Id say its true.

Archived