Going Again!!! How to forget about it?

CruzenBurnsy

I think reading about what to do in port or on ship can keep you busy .I just found a YOUTUBE on Epic I found Very informative re the cabins,layout and hidden storage space and the look of the ship ...true so it will not be a complete surprise but at least I know where most things will be ..WIN WIN

Get on your roll call

Go shopping for cruise clothes or new luggage

Start WALKING to get used to long corridors

Take up dancing or lessons prior to cruise so you can hoof it on the dance floor

Find cheap flights

Read all posts on your ship or ports ...THAT should keep you busy

Bon Voyage

Michele

Do you have a link for the web cam in miami...

One of my most favourite things to do it so go on the live webcams that are located in many ports. I love going to the live webcam in New York and seeing the ships in port. I also go look at ones in Antigua, St. Thomas, St. Maarten, Costa Maya and Miami Beach. It is so great to just be able to see the ships, can't help but make a day so much better.

You'll love them!

Bluejai

It's over for you. There is no cure. Terrible isn't it. Our next cruise is just 6 weeks away, so what did I do today......booked yet another 4 months after that one. Here's a suggestion to help you feel more complete and not so "cruise lonely" after your next one. While on board, buy the $250 future cruise credit. You immediately get back $100 OBC for the cruise you're on...but most comforting is that the credit MUST be used for another NCL cruise within the next 4 years. Of course, with that credit in hand which will be deposit in full for the next one, you'll be feeling a bit more comfortable that yes there will be another one. " Because honey, we must use it, part of our next cruise is already paid for, see"

So we are not alone in our vacation turned obsession then! Thanks for your idea's, and yes she does rock :). Problem is I need to figure out a way to top her and return the favor but I have had trouble coming up with something better...just not sure it exists :D.

It you can, upgrade to a suite and don't tell her! You'll both be spoiled forever. NCL's suite life is tops!

1. Aren't DW just grand?

2. I should just make CC my homepage since this is where I spend most of my spare time.

3. I have a small box on the bottom of the whiteboard in my office that has my count down - its a ritual for me to update it each morning and to pat Herbie on the head and say "only xx more days to go, little buddy" when I get to work.[Herbie is my cruising turtle companion from Belize]

4. I usually replay past cruise escapades in my head as I go to sleep at night

5. The DW has a special "you can keep talking, but I through listening look" that I get almost on a daily basis when I fall into cruise babble mode.

6. Herbie and I use the time to practise our karaoke.

I think I pretty much do all of the things everyone else has mentioned...CC, discount cruise sites, check excursions.It seems far away, but it will be here before you know it! I also check out whatever info I can find on the ports and gather all the cruise "necessities" so it's all ready and there isn't a last minute sprint to get the ginger, bonine, shoe holder, clothes line, etc. together. There's no place I'd rather be than on a ship!;)

Step 1: Admit that you are powerless over your cruise addiction.

Step 2: Come to cruise critic everyday and fill up on all the cruise info, pics, stories, etc you can possibly drink in.

Step 3: Enjoy your cruise once it FINALLY gets here.

Step 4: Repeat

... So my question is....how do you get through all of the days between booking and leaving? I find myself either talking about it with my wife, my parents, anyone who will listen or on CC reading about it pretty much every waking moment. Any advice?

You read and post on lots of the CC boards: NCL, any of the ports you're visiting, and of course on your Roll Call board.

You google your various ports and read everything you can about each port in order to choose wisely what you'll do in each port.

You check out guide books from the library (or buy them or d/l them to your kindle, nook, etc).

You make packing lists so nothing will be forgotten.

You read more posts on Cruise Critic board.

Have fun!!

1. Aren't DW just grand?

2. I should just make CC my homepage since this is where I spend most of my spare time.

3. I have a small box on the bottom of the whiteboard in my office that has my count down - its a ritual for me to update it each morning and to pat Herbie on the head and say "only xx more days to go, little buddy" when I get to work.[Herbie is my cruising turtle companion from Belize]

4. I usually replay past cruise escapades in my head as I go to sleep at night

5. The DW has a special "you can keep talking, but I through listening look" that I get almost on a daily basis when I fall into cruise babble mode.

6. Herbie and I use the time to practise our karaoke.

You are awesome

:)

pookie

I am so glad I am not alone in my cruise obsession ! I even downloaded an app to my phone so that I can just press a button and see how many days and hours I have left til my next cruise! I kept telling my husband yesterday 50 days, 23 hrs.....50 days, 15 hrs, etc. I stalk the cc boards gettings ANY info on the Spirit, food, best cabins, anything that will make the time go by faster. We are on Mardi Gras break here and I keep thinking, "when this is over , only this many days til the cruise"...crazy but I love it:D

I am so glad that I am not the only one who is obsessed with constantly talking and thinking about it! This is what get's me through my work day! I know I am driving my co-workers as well as friends, family and my husband, (who will be with me on the cruise, crazy)! I'm so glad to share this with other "cruiseaholics" ! This will be our eighth cruise, first time on NCL!! Sailing March 19th on the Epic. The excitement is building! Thanks to everyone for sharing! Maybe I'm not crazy! :D

Archived