Best age to enjoy??

jennim

I am not new to cruising but I am new to cruising with small children. I would love to take my 2 year old Granddaughter on a Disney cruise but I think she may be a little young to truly enjoy the experience. She loves "Disney", knows her princesses, and has been to the all the parks 3 times open to close but any advice on the best age for this cruise line, I'm thinking 4???? Yes I do know Disney is for children of all ages but I want her to really be able to participate not just be "in kids camp"...

I'm taking her (with her parents) on another cruise line in November and want to save this one for when she will remember it better... Any thoughts

We have cruised with our daughter since she was just over a year old, but only did our first Disney Cruise when she was just over two. It was a lovely cruise, she spent most of it in absolute wonder and awe at what she was seeing, she loved the characters.

She also enjoyed the kids club, although we stayed with her when there. She could have stayed as she was potty trained, but I didn't feel there was enough supervision for such a little one.

Our dd is 6 now and she has been on two further DCL cruises, with another booked this year. However, she has very little memories of the first one. We have, along with some lovely photos.

I would say do it, for the sheer joy in watching her face.

Kate

When went on our first DC when our children were 8 and 10. Our 10 year old is very extraverted and LOVED being with her age group. Our 8 year old is more intraverted and stayed with us. If your main objective is to have her have memories, I would wait several years until she is older. 6 is a good age to target, but that is still questionable. It depends. My 8 year old has good memories.

Archived