Tucan Sailing Adventure by Cozumel Sailing

ChCo38

Has anyone done this tour? I have tried several times to schedule this tour when I have been in Cozumel and have had no luck. We will be sailing to cozumel on April 14th and would like to do this tour or something similar. We enjoy the excursuons with the limited number or people so that there is no crowding but when contacting the company they say that they have not had anyone else inquire as of yet. Does anyone know of any other sailing, snorkeling and beach excursion that limits the number to 25 or less? Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Finally when I was giving up hope and going to book on the Manta for the 3.5 excursion I tried one more time with Tucan and they just got back to me saying that they had found four others that also want to go so I am very excited! It will be a very small excursion so plenty of room to stretch out and enjoy ourselves. I can't wait to go now!

Finally when I was giving up hope and going to book on the Manta for the 3.5 excursion I tried one more time with Tucan and they just got back to me saying that they had found four others that also want to go so I am very excited! It will be a very small excursion so plenty of room to stretch out and enjoy ourselves. I can't wait to go now!

I'm excited for you! We have tried twice when sailing to Cozumel to sail on the Toucan. The first time, someone booked the whole trip as a charter, so no luck. Our 2nd trip, we had six and were able to book. When we arrived in Coz, a storm was brewing and they closed the Marina. Captain Dan met us at the Marina to give us the bad news. They had tried to contact us by phone, but I didn't have my phone with me. He took us to see the Toucan and couldn't have been nicer. He had a wonderful suggestion and told us to take a cab to the other side of the island where it wouldn't be so rough. We did just that and had a great sunny day, although we still missed the wonderful Toucan trip. Our cruise ship captain apologized when we returned to our ship. He said they didn't think it was going to get so bad, or they wouldn't have allowed us off of the ship. We had to tender that day, and it took hours to get folks back on the ship due to the waves.

We will once again try to book the Toucan. I hope you enjoy it! It sounds wonderful!

Hopefully the weather will not be a problem. If so then I know it is an omen and we're not meant to do this excursion after trying so many times to book it. There's a lot to do in Cozumel so if it falls through I'm sure we can find something else. Was looking into the jeep tours that they have that go to the other side, have never been there so that's always a possibility. Anything that includes the water will be good!

• 2 weeks later...

We are waiting for 4 more people to sign up for our trip too, otherwise we'll have to skip it. There will be 6 ships docked in Cozumel when we are there (4/20) I can't believe out of all those people I can't find 4 that want to do this!! Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...

The 3rd Time was a charm. Karen was able to find another couple just a few days before we sailed to complete our excursion. I hope you were able to go as well.

We had a great time. We met Dan at the Marina and he introduced us to his wonderful crew. His crew was one step ahead of everything during our trip. A fine group of guys. They set two fish lines off the back, and actually caught a Baracuda while we sailed. We snorkeled, took the dingy to a small beach, when we returned we had the best lunch that was made fresh. Even the weather cooperated, and was perfect for Spinnaker rides. It was the highlight of our cruise. We would definitely book this trip again on our next visit.

• 4 weeks later...
Does anyone know the price of the Tucan Sailing Adventure? I could not find it on their website.

Thanks,

Alan

Just got off the phone with them as I could not find the price either...he said it is a 6 1/2 hour trip and costs $90 per adult 12 and over. Includes snorkeling, open bar, lunch, snacks, etc. My DD (age 18) and I are going to book it...the price is not too bad considering Nachi Cocum is $50 and you do not get to go on a boat and snorkel. To me it is worth the extra $$ to be on a sailboat all day! :)

Archived