Jewel transatlantic

Does anyone know when RC will open bookings for Harwich to Boston in 2013? It seems this sailing route books quickly.

They have yet to open the 2012 books, but should do so shortly. I wouldn't expect them to open the 2013 books until sometime in the Spring of next year. The 2012/2013 deployment schedules will run approximately from April or May of 2012 until March or April of 2013. :)

Does anyone know when RC will open bookings for Harwich to Boston in 2013? It seems this sailing route books quickly.

That's because it's such a fabulous and unique transatlantic itinerary. Although our sailing wasn't sold out until the week of sailing - lots of people caught last minute deals to join us.

Thanks for a quick reply. My DH and I were on the last Baltic sailing before the transatlantic 2 years ago. We didn't have the time to do the B2B and we have always wanted to go to Iceland. It has some great stops. Next year the Olympics are in London, so we will do something else, but in 2013 we plan on being on that cruise. It doesn't hurt that the Jewel is a lovely ship either!:)

Thanks for a quick reply. My DH and I were on the last Baltic sailing before the transatlantic 2 years ago. We didn't have the time to do the B2B and we have always wanted to go to Iceland. It has some great stops. Next year the Olympics are in London, so we will do something else, but in 2013 we plan on being on that cruise. It doesn't hurt that the Jewel is a lovely ship either!:)

A hint for Iceland. Depending on where you live, you might be able to fly Icelandair across the pond. They give you the opportunity to make a stopover in Iceland for the same price as a direct flight. This would give you the opportunity to see more of Iceland (and provide insurance in case the port is missed which happened to Crown Princess last year that sailed at the same time as us). My roommate took a Sunday night flight out of Boston arriving Monday morning and flew onto London Wednesday afternoon, giving her time to do a lot of the longer tours that are harder to do in the time the cruiseships are in port.

Crossing the Atlantic by ship is on my bucket list. Also I would like to stop in Ireland again. I haven't been to Cork, and Dublin is aways fun. Paris is beautiful anytime and there is always something to see and do. The port stops offer many opportunities, like Newfoundland. It isn't easy to get there. We have been to NE Canda a couple of times and haven't had the time or opportunity to go there.

The port stops offer many opportunities, like Newfoundland. It isn't easy to get there. We have been to NE Canda a couple of times and haven't had the time or opportunity to go there.

Hope you make it. We had to detour around a massive Arctic storm resulting in us missing Newfoundland. So still on my list of want to see places.

A hint for Iceland. Depending on where you live, you might be able to fly Icelandair across the pond. They give you the opportunity to make a stopover in Iceland for the same price as a direct flight. This would give you the opportunity to see more of Iceland (and provide insurance in case the port is missed which happened to Crown Princess last year that sailed at the same time as us). My roommate took a Sunday night flight out of Boston arriving Monday morning and flew onto London Wednesday afternoon, giving her time to do a lot of the longer tours that are harder to do in the time the cruiseships are in port.

I just looked at your location. We live in Bryant, Arkansas.

Small world. When we went on the Baltic cruise we met a couple from Hot Springs that was on our cruise and continued on the B2B to Boston. I was jealous!!!!

I just looked at your location. We live in Bryant, Arkansas.

Small world. When we went on the Baltic cruise we met a couple from Hot Springs that was on our cruise and continued on the B2B to Boston. I was jealous!!!!

There's a thread for Arkansas Cruisers in the Floataway Lounge come visit us. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=845615

I was wondering if you were a Razorback fan but didn't want to presume. :) Thought maybe the name referred to something else.;)

I am a Alabama fan, My husband is a Gator fan, but my son graduated from Arkansas and my daughter-in-law did also and will graduate from the law school there this May. My daughter will finish at ASU in May, and ran track and cross country for them. We are ASU fans and Arkansas fans by adoption!!!

I'm planning to book the TA cruise for 2012 and noticed the NE/Canada sailings that are scheduled from Boston after the TA have opened thier dates and this year they are leaving on Sunday instead of Saturday. I'm assuming that means the TA will now arrive in Boston on Sunday. I am hoping it is still a 2 week and not longer cruise as my DH can't swing more vacation time than that.

Not waiting very patiently!!

I had observed the same thing, hence the question about the opening date of the TA. Hope it works for you in 2012. If they have added another day, I wonder if they have added an additional port or extra time in one scheduled.

Noticed your location. My husband grew up on Anna Maria, & I went to high school in Bartow. I still have relatives in the area.

I had observed the same thing, hence the question about the opening date of the TA. Hope it works for you in 2012. If they have added another day, I wonder if they have added an additional port or extra time in one scheduled.

Noticed your location. My husband grew up on Anna Maria, & I went to high school in Bartow. I still have relatives in the area.

Another port would be great..would rather be home on Saturday, but it won't stop me from booking!

Now I see why your hubby's is a gator fan!

Right now those 2012 New England/Canada itineraries have disappeared from the RCI website. They may be working on them to input prices etc. but it isn't possible at the moment to determine which day of the week those cruises will depart Boston.:)

A hint for Iceland. Depending on where you live, you might be able to fly Icelandair across the pond. They give you the opportunity to make a stopover in Iceland for the same price as a direct flight.

Great point. We are looking at exactly this option for return from east bound TA that ends at Rome in Spring 2012. One way flights from Rome were showing as $3,500/pp :eek::eek::eek: so I checked routes via Dublin (worked great from London on our last TA) and Reykjavik. Both are about $800 (currently - subject to fuel increases). Fortunately Icelandair has service to Minneapolis so it works great for us - no plane change in Chicago. We are hot springs nuts so always wanted to visit the Blue Lagoon too.

We totally fell in love with the transatlantic concept. Some people don't like all the sea days but we find them super relaxing. More so after the very port intensive Caribbean cruise a few weeks ago. In 2008 we took Brilliance from Miami to Bermuda then to Cobh (Cork) Ireland, Plymouth England and LaHavre France before ending at Southampton (London). It was a wonderful trip.

So we too are anxiously awating the TA schedule for 2012. I've been checking almost daily but don't expect to see it for a few more weeks. I think sometimes the TAs are scheduled in conjunction with going into or out of dry dock in Europe so that scheduling complicates things a bit.

Thanks for the info. I see I am not the only one interested in this. Hope to hear something definite soon.

One way airfares are murder, depending where you live. I checked into flying from Rome (plan to do a Greek Isle cruise next year that ends in Rome) to London and it was $100 a few weeks ago. Flying in the EU is inexpensive. Going across the pond is another matter.

Thanks for the info. I see I am not the only one interested in this. Hope to hear something definite soon.

One way airfares are murder, depending where you live. I checked into flying from Rome (plan to do a Greek Isle cruise next year that ends in Rome) to London and it was $100 a few weeks ago. Flying in the EU is inexpensive. Going across the pond is another matter.

Now that I know you live in the LIT area, to get to airports where Icelandair or Air Lingus (another good option for one way transatlantic flights), you could look at booking flights within the US on Southwest and then book a separate flight on Icelandair. You would need to allow extra leeway on the connecting times since Southwest doesn't interline with any airline but it would give you more options. My TA managed to find me a great fare for a business class flight that was less than booking economy through the cruiseline so you may be able to find a deal on even the legacy airlines. Just keep looking.

Right now those 2012 New England/Canada itineraries have disappeared from the RCI website. They may be working on them to input prices etc. but it isn't possible at the moment to determine which day of the week those cruises will depart Boston.:)

The 2012 dates are back up on the RCI website and the New England/Canada cruises are definitely Sunday to Sunday. I wouldn't read too much into the implications for the westbound transatlantic. It is still conceivable that it will be a 14 night cruise that departs Harwich on a Sunday and arrives in Boston two Sundays later.:)

The 2012 dates are back up on the RCI website and the New England/Canada cruises are definitely Sunday to Sunday. I wouldn't read too much into the implications for the westbound transatlantic. It is still conceivable that it will be a 14 night cruise that departs Harwich on a Sunday and arrives in Boston two Sundays later.:)

This is what I'm hoping for.:)

Archived