Ramada Port Hotel - Miami

siamesei

I have looked on Tripadvisor but cannot seem to find the answer to my question. We should hit the hotel late afternoon the day before our cruise (sunday) The TA booked us in here and my question is: How far away is the hotel from shops/restaurants/beach etc? we don't want to spend all evening in the hotel and were hoping to have a look around the area for a few hours? will we need to take a cab? where should we head for?

I have looked on Tripadvisor but cannot seem to find the answer to my question. We should hit the hotel late afternoon the day before our cruise (sunday) The TA booked us in here and my question is: How far away is the hotel from shops/restaurants/beach etc? we don't want to spend all evening in the hotel and were hoping to have a look around the area for a few hours? will we need to take a cab? where should we head for?

Check the web site for this hotel. If you cannot find your answers there just call the hotel and ask reception for the details.

HTH

I suspect it's not the "port", as in Port of Miami, but the MIA air-port.:o Not familiar with the hotel, but the airport area can be isolated and somewhat unattractive - you are a 15 minute $25 cab ride from downtown, and a $30+ cab ride from Miami Beach.

If you just want a clean hotel and dinner, check out hotels in the Blue Lagoon area near MIA - shopping and dining options within walking distance (across the street from the Hampton Inn). For a view of POM you'll need a downtown hotel - try Intercontinental, Marriott or Doubletree. For great nightlife, dining, people watching, and the beach, search for South Beach hotels.

Good luck! :)

You need to fire your travel agent. This hotel is beyond horrible. It isn't even an okay hotel just to sleep for a couple of hours.

Check out John's suggestion.

Archived