Allure recent Western MDR 7 day Menu?

I am trying to decide which 2 nights to book specialty dining for my upcoming July cruise. Would appreciate this information. Thank you.

I am not sure if you are asking when the formal nights are, because the menus are usually really good on those nights in the main dining room.

The formal nights on our Western cruise were on Day 2 and Day 5. I would also suggest that you book your shows first so that you know the times that you have to be out of the dining room Some of the specialty dining venues suggest that you allow 3 hours for the experience. You don't want to rush through a special dinner just to get to a show and you have to be at the show at least 15 minutes before hand because 10 minutes before each show they open it up to the people waiting in the stand-by lines.

I have downloaded the menu's Sharktums provided in the TPR review. All but Day 1 are there. They were on a western itinerary in February.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/babyberger/sets/72157626187854806/

Day 1 seems to be the following menu consistently:

STARTER:

Smoke Fish Tapenade – Sweet onions, tangy capers and fresh herbs compliment this fish dish; served with a golden brown crostini

Vidalia Onion Tart – sweet Vidalia onions combined with nutty Gruyere cheese, then baked in a buttery crust, served with leek fondue and sautéed red peppers

Sopa de Tortilla – Robust Mexican tomato soup garnished with dried julienne tortilla

Hot and Sour Shrimp soup - Spicy, pungent lemongrass-scented seafood broth with cilantro and vegetables

Child Watermelon Gazpacho – A variety of flavors and textures play off beautifully in this soup; garnished with chopped celery and cucumber

Caesar Salad or Spinach Salad

MAIN COURSE

Pan-Fried Pork Medallions 0 Meaty medallions served with buttery mashed potatoes, broccoli and a savory forest mushroom ragout

Truffled wild mushroom linguini alfredo – White truffle oil enhances the earthiness of the wild mushrooms in this creamy pasta dish.

Slow-Roasted Prime Rib

Grilled Mediterranean Quesadilla – Melted Monterey Jack cheese and vegetables sandwiched in a warm flour tortilla; served with a tomato-cilantro salsa

Pan-seared golden sea bass – Served atop green lentils, green beans, snow peas and verjus beurre blanc

Aloo Gobi Methi ) – Fenugreek-flavored potato and cauliflower curry served with fragrant basmati rice, pappadams, and tangy riata

DESSERTS

Strawberry Pavlova – Crispy Meringue coated with fresh cream and topped with strawberry compote

Chocolate Cherry Cake – Classic flavor combination in cake; served with a dollop of kirsch cream

Low-fat blueberry and peach cobbler – Spiced with cinnamon and dusted with powder sugar

Sugar-Free chocolate pot de Crème – Rich chocolate cream perfumed with a hint of coffee

Coincidentally, I just posted the same question pretty much! My cruise is Western itinerary as well, and I just want to see what selections are on the "other than formal" nights, as some of those we don't want to miss either, but I really want my mother to try 150 Central Park. Did it on Oasis in December and I loved it!!

Archived