:-( We are supposed to fly out tomorrow...

I agree. This is one of my pet peeves about message boards. Based on this reasoning, no one should be upset about anything EVER because there is always someone worse off than you.

I hope the OP has a fabulous vacation.

Err, no... look closely at what I wrote please, both of you. I get that she was disappointed. I would be myself in her shoes. No question about it. "Disappointed" would be an understatement.

BUT when these things happen, sometimes it doesn't hurt to have a broader perspective. Why? Not to make you feel guilty that you were upset about something comparatively less important, but rather to find some solace that there are more important things going for you.

I took a quick peek at the flight status from Honolulu, and it looks like flights are going out today. There is only one flight showing cancelled, and all others show as "on-time." Great news for the OP!

Err, no... look closely at what I wrote please, both of you. I get that she was disappointed. I would be myself in her shoes. No question about it. "Disappointed" would be an understatement.

BUT when these things happen, sometimes it doesn't hurt to have a broader perspective. Why? Not to make you feel guilty that you were upset about something comparatively less important, but rather to find some solace that there are more important things going for you.

Who's saying that the OP or anyone else posting that they hope they make their flight, doesn't ahve a broader perspective? Just because she doesn't specifically state it, doesn't mean it's not there. Just saying.

Who's saying that the OP or anyone else posting that they hope they make their flight, doesn't ahve a broader perspective? Just because she doesn't specifically state it, doesn't mean it's not there. Just saying.

Jeez, try to help folks feel better by looking on the bright side and it seems it just serves as an opportunity for others to take out their pea-shooters...

Just saying.

You live in Hawaii and go on vacation? LOL

Hope all goes well for you and have a wonderful trip.

i live in orlando, right near the happiest place on earth :rolleyes: and LOOOOOVE getting away from it. even if you live in a 'traditional' vacation destination, it's still home to you and it's nice to get away.

i live in orlando, right near the happiest place on earth :rolleyes: and LOOOOOVE getting away from it. even if you live in a 'traditional' vacation destination, it's still home to you and it's nice to get away.

Cute....we get the same thing everytime we visit Hawaii. "You live in Florida and fly all the way out to Hawaii for vacation?? !!" :eek: ;)

We are headed back again this June for our 15th Anniversary. Will be the 4th time we have been to those beautiful islands, and this time spending two weeks on "the big island".

OP: I am assuming all is well, and happy that you were spared the worst of it.

Once again: Have a wonderful cruise and safe flight!! :)

We're hoping you make it out as well. We're looking forward to meeting you after chatting here. You should check back in on "our" site. Lots of interesting tid-bits from norovirus outbreak to overbookings. As it stands right now, boarding has been delayed until 2:00. It's been thrown back and forth as to whether the WJ will be open or closed. As of right now, while the ship is still at sea, the WJ has been closed. They are "hopeful" it will open after the extra scrubbing and cleaning for Monday when we board.

You live in Hawaii and go on vacation? LOL

Hope all goes well for you and have a wonderful trip.

That is EXACTLY what I was thinking... :-) Kinda hard to feel sorry for someone who lives in Hawaii....LOL...

All joking aside, I sure hope everything works out for the OP and they make it to board their cruise. I cannot imagine all the planning and excitement only to have your vacation canceled.

Got my fingers crossed for you OP !

I dont know much about the Hawaiian airport system, but if your airport is closed maybe try for another on a nearby island? How you get to that other island might be an issue though. Guess my suggestion is completely useless now. Hmm :o

Anyway, hope everything works out OP!

Archived